Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Wish it would rain everyday

12-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
BigBoss

Wish it would rain everyday

Sometimes, especially lately, I wish it would just rain and be super gloomy all day everyday. I know there are people in parts of the country that would love to have sunshine and watm weather this time of year, and please don't hate me, but we barely get gloomy rainy days here, and if we do, were lucky if it rains for 24hrs straight. Usually if it is going to rain, the day can start out sunny, rain and by the end of the day it is sunny again. I just cant stand staying at home, in bed, in my room, feeling terrible for what seems like weeks, months, years on end. Its mentally trying. I mean it could be worse. Could totally be worse. I thinkits just a bit of cabin fever. I do get out a lil bit, to walk the dogs, or go to costco, or usually the drs office. But i usually dont feel good enough to want to leave for any amount of time. Plus the holidays are depressing, my birthday is new years eve and i always looked forward to having sushi dinner, and i honestly dont think i can have sushi anymore which is super depressing as well. Maybe i could have just plain fish on rice, but nothing fancy, but overall, i just hare eatig and dont enjoy food at all anymore, i avoid it like the plague. Just never feels like its going to end. Sometimes i feel like its just ne, like at least it seems like others get some relief or dont have as severe symptoms 24/7. Im trying really hard to not rely on pain meds, as i had been doing that in prior years, but i am starting to see why i did that, and my family is starting to see why as well. They are actually getting to the point where they would rather me take meds and at least be able to get out of bed and participate somewhat in life. It is definitely a tough issue to deal with but so is this disease when it is as unrelenting as mine seems to be. Im just scared, feel alone and I feel so trapped.
12-29-2015, 12:33 AM   #2
Amanda Amanda

We've had days of rain. It makes that gloomy feeling deepen if that makes sense. It's finally snowing now, which has the same effect.
I'm struggling with my Crohn's right now. I'm down 24 lbs since the first. Although this flare started in earnest about mid-November. It's starting to feel like it will never relent. I'm starting to think I've been a horrible being in a past life to deserve this kind of punishment. I wish the sun would come out. Maybe I'd be motivated to open the blinds.
Perhaps the grass is always greener on the other side.
12-29-2015, 12:51 AM   #3
BigBoss

Sorry amanda. I have heavy curtains and i cant tell you the last time i pulled them open. I feel the same way, like maybe i have been such a horrible person, or something i have done to deserve such an unrelenting destructive form of this disease. Mine has been unrelenting since my flare in 2011. It was bad, and slowly it got worse over the first year, and since then i have not had any relief whatsoever. I lost 40lbs and never got it back. I did have my surgery in sept, and went down to 101lbs, but quickly gained my weight back to 130lbs, but have plateau'd and am still about 25-30lbs lite of my original weight, so i am still quite lite, but at least i dont look like a cancer patient anymore, no offense to anyone by the way. Sorry i disnt mean to depress you amanda, its just depressing for me to have all these sunny days and to feel so gloomy inside if that makes sense. Almost like if it were gloomy maybe i wouldnt feel so bad about staying in all the time. Hope that makes sense.
Hope you are able to feel better. Sorry again, i feel bad now. Ill try to be more appreciative for what i have.
12-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #4
Amanda Amanda

You didn't depress me, my Crohn's disease depresses me. Dr actually just put me on an antidepressant, which is helping a bit.
You feel how you feel and you don't have to apologize for that. Chronic illness is always tough, flaring for months on end with no relief is overwhelming. No one would argue with you about that.
12-29-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am sorry you guys are having a rough time. Everyone here supports you.
01-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #6
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sending love support n understanding to u all. This monster we live with is a bugger. I try to keep positive n think all will be well. Its hard to be that way tho sometimes. Some days are just crappy, but i embrace the good ones and wont let this disease grind me down. Lots of hugs n best wishes. 💕💕💋💋

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Wish it would rain everyday