Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Getting first colonoscopy after 7 years. VERY nervous

12-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Getting first colonoscopy after 7 years. VERY nervous

The last colonoscopy I had went terribly wrong. I have had the same GI for the last 6 years, he is absolutely wonderful. He knows my history and has been very understanding when I tell him I am just not ready for another scope. Especially now, because my hernia is so bad and my organs are so displaced, a scope is going to be very difficult. However, my GI and I both feel, in light of the recent events that it is time for him to do a scope. For all he knows, I don't even have Crohn's. (not really, I have it) He has just been going off of what the previous GI's have written in their reports to treat me. For 6 years.
So, he is going to do one, next Tuesday. He blocked out extra time and is doing it at the hospital instead of the endoscopy center where he normally does them, just in case something does go wrong.
I trust him, I am just SO nervous. The last colonoscopy literally destroyed my life. I will never lead a normal life or bare my own children because of it. I just can't go through any more pain or heartache, I have already been through more than I can handle.
Ankilosing Spondylitis
Inflammatory Arthritis

Failed meds:
Humira
Remicade
Asacol HD
Cimzia
Methotrexate
12-23-2015, 01:26 AM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Good luck with the scope! I know it's beyond scary because of the perforation that happened the last time with your other GI but this one is well aware of your condition and I'm sure that if he doesn't feel that he can continue then he'll stop there. Let me know how it goes and if you aren't feeling up to posting after your procedure then I can post an update for you if you want. We're all rooting for you!
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
12-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
teeny5

My Support Groups:
Good luck!

Previous meds: Sulfasalazine, Asacol, Rowasa, Pentasa, Entocort.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson"
12-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
Lizzie

My Support Groups:
Hope it goes well for you. I know what it's like to be terrified of colonoscopy, and that's without the horrendous problems you have had. It's good that you trust your GI, that's so important. All the best.
12-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Wishing you the best of luck Tuesday
Hoping your GI can get some answers for you
12-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #6
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Good luck with the prep tomorrow and the scope Tuesday afidz!
12-28-2015, 04:36 AM   #7
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Good timing I suppose. There is a rather large abscess on my butt cheek that seems to be getting bigger. Glad I'm seeing my GI. I have never had a fistula, hoping I don't now. Also hoping that there is no disease progression but with the way things have been going, I'm not keeping my hopes up
12-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #8
Christi

My Support Groups:
Good luck with scope please keep us updated
12-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #9
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
prep is going well, except I am starving. I am using moviprep. WAY better than Golytely
12-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #10
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Good luck tomorrow!
12-29-2015, 12:05 AM   #11
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

Good luck and let us know how it went!

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).
12-29-2015, 09:52 AM   #12
Optimistic

My Support Groups:
Thinking of you. Should be over soon. You did it!
12-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #13
Maya142
Forum Monitor

Good luck!! Hope it goes well!
Juvenile Ankylosing Spondylitis at 16

Mom of S (23)
dx with JIA at 14
Ankylosing Spondylitis at 18
12-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #14
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thinking of you
12-29-2015, 03:44 PM   #15
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Just saw this...hope everything is going well or went well......will look for an update!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
12-30-2015, 12:08 AM   #16
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Hey everyone sorry for the late update. Spent most of the day sleeping. Everything went well. In looking at the reports of my last GI's scope and what my current GI said, there is no new disease progression. I have it in my transverse and ascending colon. There was internal hemmerroids in my rectum that I had no idea about. I had several ulcers that seemed pretty small to me. Overall everything went well, my GI was able to easily navigate through my colon despite the hernia. I think g he told Andrew there was one part where they had to move my abdomen in a weird way to move the scope but it went well. He said to make an appointment in 3 weeks but I'm going to make it sooner because I'm off meds and not going to last that long without losing my lung capacity. Thanks everyone for thinking of me today. Very pleased with the outcome
12-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #17
Axelfl3333

Bows down in admiration.moviprep not bad!the Devils brew.good luck

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Getting first colonoscopy after 7 years. VERY nervous