Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Fecal Incontinence Support Group

12-24-2015, 06:01 AM   #1
scottellis

My Support Groups:
Fecal Incontinence Support Group

About this Support Group

Many people with Crohns deal with this but are apprehensive about discussing it.

Members

EvieBaby's Avatar EvieBaby, healingman, Jennifer L, kelly1, lacey2, Lizzie, mark70, ronroush7's Avatar ronroush7, scottellis
12-24-2015, 08:08 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have had it at least a couple of times.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
12-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #3
Lizzie

My Support Groups:
Faecal incontinence is the worst thing about my disease, I live my life in fear so much of the time and it stops me from doing so many things. A cruise, a walk in the country, a day trip on a coach, all have been out of the question for the past year. I have to make appointments at dentist's, vet's etc for times I hope I am less likely to need the toilet, but it's difficult and so often I end up having to rush because I've suddenly lost control. All very grim.
12-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Understand

12-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #5
kelly1

My Support Groups:
Lizzie i completely sympathise with you! My life has been the same for almost 2 years now, not being able to do anything or enjoying the things i use to do. I feel like i plan everything around my bathroom trips x
12-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I felt like I wasn't going to make it to an appointment for that reason

01-06-2016, 01:18 AM   #7
Jennifer L

My Support Groups:
It's miserable. For two months, I have been dealing with it daily. Rarely leaving my house. I've had Crohn's over twenty years and incontinence has never been this bad. It will just leak out with no warning. I hate it.
01-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #8
EvieBaby

My Support Groups:
It's happening to me more and more. Yesterday was the last time. Luckily I was at home. None of the doctors ever seem to address the problem though I just don't know what to do

01-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #9
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Although I've never been incontinent,through luck and good management,I understand completely the stress "urgency" causes.I've had this and tenesmus for over 10 years.
But Loperamide is my saviour.I don't make appointments before mid morning,and that gives me time to get things under control,more or less.But I have had to leave waiting rooms prior to appts.and have had to leave the shopping trolley in the aisle, at times
01-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #10
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I had a really embarrassing episode once while still working.
01-09-2016, 01:44 AM   #11
Jennifer L

My Support Groups:
My most embarrassing-humiliating-funny episode was right after my last scope. I didn't make it out of the bed and I could see the restroom directly across the hall. I finished it off in the trash can which had a fresh trash bag. My mom was with me and we laughed so hard. What else could I do??? Nothing. I stunk up that whole side of the recovery wing. Eventually I did make it to the restroom and could hear the nurse spraying airfreshner;-/
I can laugh about it, but it was horrible.

Last edited by Jennifer L; 01-09-2016 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Correcting toilet to trash can.
01-09-2016, 01:59 AM   #12
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
A good attitude
09-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #13
lacey2

My Support Groups:
I gave birth to my son, c-section. Waking up, a few hours later, finally, got to hold my baby. Suddenly, the urge was upon me, what do I do with the baby, where is the toilet, what do I do? I put the baby onto the bed, used the commode next to the bed, and wham! Next thing I new, the sister came in, saw what happened, scolded me thoroughly, lifted the baby and told me I was not going to be able to see him the rest of the day! I also realized it was a large ward of mothers with the new babies. It was a situation I could not control, naturally the sister never had children, so, I knew she would not understand.
09-11-2016, 07:24 AM   #14
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I gave birth to my son, c-section. Waking up, a few hours later, finally, got to hold my baby. Suddenly, the urge was upon me, what do I do with the baby, where is the toilet, what do I do? I put the baby onto the bed, used the commode next to the bed, and wham! Next thing I new, the sister came in, saw what happened, scolded me thoroughly, lifted the baby and told me I was not going to be able to see him the rest of the day! I also realized it was a large ward of mothers with the new babies. It was a situation I could not control, naturally the sister never had children, so, I knew she would not understand.
I don't think she should have done that.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Fecal Incontinence Support Group