• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly Diagnosed

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and thought I would share my story. I went away to college in August, I'm 18, and I was sick from the beginning.I had every sickness from pink eye, to sinus infections, to stomach pain. I ended up being in so much pain that I came home and was taken to the hospital in October. After a week hospital stay I was discharged still sick with no diagnosis. A few days later I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and the doctor could tell right away that I had crohns disease. He said my digestive tract looked miserable. I started on the steroid uceris which gave some immediate relief, but I still had stomach pain. About a month later I was put on lialda. The lialda seemed to be making my stomach hurt even more. More recently, my symptoms have just gotten worse. I have bloody diarrhea, stomach pain, and ulcers in my mouth and throat. I just got back from vacation and I was immediately taken to the hospital because I had severe neck pain on top of the other symptoms. My GI doctor decided I will start on humira as soon as possible. I'm still in a lot of pain every day with many urgent bathroom trips and just feeling bad. I wanted to hear from people who know what its like to go through this. Any suggestions??

I do understand. I was going to try humira in a clinical trial but I had to work so I couldn't. I tried Remicade and it worked well but due to a governmental glitch I had to quit. I've had a bad time of it, but only after 25+ years. I was diagnosed about your age and after a couple of years, I enjoyed over 10 years of remission. Don't give up hope and I'm sure things will settle down. Message me any time, I know lots of things that can happen and can at least offer support. All the best :)