• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need to loose weight

Hallo , i need some advice since i were diagnosed i picked up 25 kg most if it comes from the pred. I do not eat unhealthy and will be starting yoga again. My stomach does swells alot and looks as if pregnant. I just want to loose that 25kg and look the way i did i were 70 kg then, i dont know what diets will be best i thought maybe the poleo soup diet? Any advice?

Good luck with the dieting, but it seems to me you can be slim and still have a bloated tum unfortunately. I'm 54 kilos, fairly skinny, but I still have a huge tum from the pred (or is it just this disease causes bloating in the stomach area?)!

Yes i just need to loose that weight , my bloating are from the crohns i know it wont go away but if i can just be my normal weight again

I have the total opposite problem of yours, and I tell you it's nothing easy to gain weight with symptoms like mine.

How's your diet going? I know it's hard to stick to a certain kind of meals, so I'd just recommend eating healthy and doing tons of exercise. I hope everything is working well with you.

Thanks so much for the reply , im still on pred ughhh cant exersice now its not working its making my stomach even more sore. Im eating healthy thats all i can do for now. I will ask my GI about that meds for bloating really looks like im pregnant lol

I'd highly recommend taking this med called Verdo (ask your GI about it), it worked like magic for me. I can't believe that I'm not bloated anymore. It consists of peppermint oil, anise oil, ginger oil and thyme oil; all natural and very effective. Since I have GERD, I'm taking it with Dexlansoprazole, so acid reflux won't bother me.

I hope that your problem gets sorted soon.