Share Facebook

01-08-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
Desserts for Crohn's?

So, I'm kinda fed up with the inability to eat cake or any other dessert that has fats in it because of this current active flare.

Are there any desserts (other than jello) that you guys know of that are Crohn's friendly?

P.S: I don't have any problems digesting gluten, fats and nuts just aggravate the symptoms.
01-09-2016, 10:34 PM   #2
Zzz

My Support Groups:
I do very well with rice so I often eat a bowl of Rice Krispies with vanilla rice milk when I want something sweet.
01-09-2016, 10:50 PM   #3
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
I do very well with rice so I often eat a bowl of Rice Krispies with vanilla rice milk when I want something sweet.
Rice leaves me constipated for long hours, so I guess that's a no for me. Thanks for mentioning it, though.
01-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I would like to know also.
01-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #5
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Can you eat tinned fruit (easier to digest than fresh) with maybe ice cream or some kind of cream (low or fat free) . It helps the sweet cravings if you can. Best wishes 💕
01-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
Zzz

My Support Groups:
Rice leaves me constipated for long hours, so I guess that's a no for me. Thanks for mentioning it, though.
I just noticed you live in Egypt. Do they even have Rice Krispies there? Just curious.
01-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #7
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
Can you eat tinned fruit (easier to digest than fresh) with maybe ice cream or some kind of cream (low or fat free) . It helps the sweet cravings if you can. Best wishes 💕
I have not thought of ice cream, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for helping.

I just noticed you live in Egypt. Do they even have Rice Krispies there? Just curious.
Ah yeah, they do sell those over here.
01-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #8
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
No worries. Hope you can tolerate it. Best wishes ☺
01-10-2016, 11:52 PM   #9
tzvia
Forum Monitor

How about pudding?

Current meds: Entocort, Questran
Past meds: Prednisone, Humira

01-11-2016, 12:00 AM   #10
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Does anyone know of a good protein bar without nuts?

01-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #11
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
I have seen this one called Avalanche, but it has oats in it and I don't tolerate that, so I have not tried it myself.
01-11-2016, 06:14 PM   #12
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
How about pudding?
Tried that; it gives me gases and makes me bloated. :/
01-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #13
Scipio

My Support Groups:
FYI: the term "pudding" (above) means something rather different to Americans than it does to the British or to others using the term in same way as the British.

In America pudding refers to a soft, creamy, sweet dessert, sort of like a mousse but not whipped up quite so much.

In Britain pudding is a a baked or steamed sponge or suet dish, usually sweet and served as a dessert, but also can be a savory suet pudding (e.g. steak and kidney). My experience is that British pudding is often very high fat.
01-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #14
DEmberton

My Support Groups:
In Britain pudding is a a baked or steamed sponge or suet dish, usually sweet and served as a dessert, but also can be a savory suet pudding (e.g. steak and kidney). My experience is that British pudding is often very high fat.
Actually most of us would use "pudding" to mean dessert. I think what you describe is a very old-fashioned usage, perhaps Victorian era. We'd call it a sponge or a suet (steak and kidney in a pudding sounds revolting).

I ate tinned fruit whilst I was waiting for surgery at the urging of a nutritionist. Seemed okay. You probably want to avoid anything with seeds.
01-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #15
wildbill_52280

just eat fruit!! still have alot of sugar but its natural sweet and healthy. pumpkin pie with low sugar and low in milk is a good bet too or apple pie low in sugar and some whipped cream. it's still fruit based and generally health especially if you make it yourself and control the amount of refined sugar, you can also use honey which is a little healthier.

I like these fruit bars by a company natures bakery no refined sugar just concentrated fruit juices to sweeten it, and usually cheaper then other snack health food bars, this was surprising and much better then a snickers or other candy bar.
01-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #16
Lizzie

My Support Groups:
I eat a banana sandwich or cream crackers with banana when I really want to eat something sweet. Don't know if it counts as a dessert but sadly it's the closest I get!
01-17-2016, 05:54 PM   #17
Georgeforaday

zHassanz you are on my wavelength!!

Banana is okay, but all other fruits are a no go for me...

Get some Dates, take the stone out, fill with any kind of nut butter (peanut, almond etc) mixed with a little Cacoa. (leave in the fridge for a few hours ideally)

Banana ice cream is my favourite; freeze a couple (serves 2) of bananas. when frozen stick in a blender with a couple of dates and some coconut milk (or almond milk, or real milk if your lucky enough to be able to tolerate it). Serve with flakes almonds and maple syrup or honey. has the texture and taste of icecream without the stomach problems!

if any of you try this, please let me know what you think! Good luck to you all!
01-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #18
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
We make Ds lactose 1% milk with fresh orange juice , vanilla , and sugar to create a sherbet that is low fat and full of vitamin C

Apples cored with cinnamon and sugar baked are good

Muffin can be made low fat using egg whites and olive oil /apple sauce
Any variety just add your fav fruit to it
01-17-2016, 09:20 PM   #19
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
How about meringue cookies? Low fat and simple ingredients. If you have a hand held mixer you can make them yourself. Trick is make sure no egg yolk gets in the bowl and you will need some patience since it takes a while for the stiff peaks to form. For a dessert I usually have berries and yogurt. Berries are easy fruit for me to digest.
01-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #20
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
Thanks a lot everyone for responding and sharing different recipes. I'll make sure to try them all, when I have more time on my hands.

Currently, I have made mernigue cookies, but they're still baking. The smell is nice, and I really hope that my stomach will tolerate them.
01-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #21
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I pray you can enjoy them with no issues.☺
01-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #22
laura98

My Support Groups:
Canned/chilled peaches with vanilla ice cream!
Also, apple sauce always works too
Current medication: 10 mg/kg Remicade every 7-8 weeks, 50 mg 6 MP daily, and vitamin D supplement

In remission!
01-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #23
Zzz

My Support Groups:
Popcycles
01-21-2016, 06:47 PM   #24
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Canned/chilled peaches with vanilla ice cream!
Also, apple sauce always works too
Yum

01-22-2016, 03:34 AM   #25
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
Update: The meringue cookies were awesome and I did tolerate them with no issues. I have also baked the banana muffins only adding some skimmed milk for the batter to loosen a little and they turned out great and very easy to digest; I'd highly recommend them if you have no problem with gluten.
01-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #26
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Aw brill glad they turned out well n you enjoyed them with no issues. ☺
01-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #27
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
I'm glad to hear you've found some sweets that sit well with you. I think I might make some meringue cookies and try adding a little cocoa powder to them
01-28-2016, 02:42 AM   #28
FightforLauren

My Support Groups:
I wish you the best...my sister had the same problem and she ALWAYS craved sweets.
02-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #29
Sunderlands

I see that this thread is from a little bit ago, but I wanted to offer some advice... I absolutely love dessert and anything sweet, so I feel everyone's pain here. There are many different sweet flavored yogurt-- I know Dannon offers mousse yogurts that are light and airy. Greek yogurt's great too because there's more protein involved and also a lot of sweet flavors!

Lemon bars surprisingly seem to be fine for me too (which was so nice!). Maybe it would be fine for others as well? I found a recipe online that was an IBD friendly lemon bar recipe. If anyone would like it I would be fine with posting it! It seemed simple, which is a must in my book haha.

The one bar brand I find that doesn't cause gastro distress is Lunabars! They're so delicious and sweet... plus gluten free for those of us who can't tolerate gluten! They also offer many dessert-like flavors, so I go to those when I want sweets too.
02-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #30
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks