Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade and dental problems

01-16-2016, 01:58 AM   #1
tots

My Support Groups:
Remicade and dental problems

I have been on steroids and now Remicade, I am now having dental problem, I have broken 2 teeth in the last 4 months.

Does anyone have this kind of trouble?

Lauren

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!
01-17-2016, 11:38 AM   #2
Bufford

My Support Groups:
I had tooth pains days after my first Remicade infusion. I am due for my 3rd infusion tomorrow and so far so good with the side effects. My teeth are very bad, much of the damage was done by a long term (3 years) course of Cipro and Azathioprine which caused my teeth to go black and dissolve before my dentist's eyes. The decay stopped after being off the drugs a year later. Cipro never again.
01-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Blimey I was on remicade for awhile. I didn't know that it can cause dental issues. Cipro sounds like a nightmare too. You both have my support n I think that if a treatment causes such issues, the treatment to repair the damage should be free. Hugs n love 💖

5yrs since dxd. 3yrs in remission.. in remission since march 2014, dxd july 2012, ileostomy march2014, reversed feb 2015 all's good so far
Mandy
01-18-2016, 02:50 AM   #4
tots

My Support Groups:
Thank you guys, it's always nice to know your not alone in all this!

Lauren

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade and dental problems