Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Mongersen (Celgene)

01-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
Loki_Chaser

Mongersen (Celgene)

I know I've been posting a lot about my issues lately, but here's another for the books!

At my last appt with my GI, he declared that I can no longer NOT be on a medication. He put me on a high dose of prednisone (an old demon) and told me to call him with a choice after a week.
So, after doing a lot of research on Entyvio, stelara, and the like, I found that Mongersen, a new trial drug by the company Celgene is doing fairly well and I think I'm going to try it.

If I do, I will keep you all posted. Otherwise, has anyone else tried the study? Or heard anything?

01-17-2016, 02:13 PM   #2
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
Hi loki, I am afraid that I have not heard of it, so can't help really. I do want to wish you the best and send you my support. Keep us posted on how you get on please. 💖

5yrs since dxd. 3yrs in remission.. in remission since march 2014, dxd july 2012, ileostomy march2014, reversed feb 2015 all's good so far
Mandy
01-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
There is an article here in the forum from 12-14-15 in General IBD discussion titled Mongersen. Best to you.
01-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #4
LabRat9

Please let us know how it goes! I am on some other trial drugs right now and doing well but have been interested in mongersen since I read about it a year or 2 back
01-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #5
Loki_Chaser

Sorry to say that I was turned away because it was more focused toward ulcerative colitis. I've been signed on to try Stelara. Everything crossed that it works. Thanks for everyone's support!
01-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have been on Stelara for a while.

01-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #7
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
Sorry to say that I was turned away because it was more focused toward ulcerative colitis. I've been signed on to try Stelara. Everything crossed that it works. Thanks for everyone's support!
Aw sorry what a shame.. good luck on the stelara. 💕
01-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #8
amber_griffin

My Support Groups:
I was under the impression according to this https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02596893

that you would be excluded if UC was present.
01-21-2016, 07:03 PM   #9
Scipio

My Support Groups:
Mongersen is being investigated in three clinical trials sponsored by Celgene. One each for Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis, and the third trial is also for Crohn's but hasn't started recruiting patients yet.

I suspect you were turned away from the UC trial. If that was the case try again with the Crohn's trial: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02596893
10-23-2017, 03:34 AM   #10
Guerrero

My Support Groups:
Bad news for Mongersen... the phase II study showed lack of efficacy for CD.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthew.../#f5c4e8d23777

"Today, Celgene announced that after consulting the data safety and monitoring committee that was overseeing the main mongersen study, called REVOLVE, it had decided to stop developing the drug. It cited a futility analysis, implying the medicine was not effective, but said there were no safety problems. Celgene is also developing mongersen in combination with another drug, ozanimod.

"We thank the patients and the investigators involved in the REVOLVE trial,” said Scott Smith, now Celgene's President and Chief Operating Officer, in another press release. “Crohn’s disease is a debilitating condition with few effective long-term treatment options. While we are disappointed with the results of REVOLVE, we remain committed to advancing our portfolio of novel medicines for patients suffering from this disease and other inflammatory bowel disorders.”

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Mongersen (Celgene)