Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Heat makes Crohn's Disease worse

10-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Angee

Heat makes Crohn's Disease worse

I know alot of ppl say that when having a flare that heat works good for them, does anyone here have problems with heat making the pain worse?? I have tried putting heating pads, rice sock and stuff like that on my belly when in pain and it always seems to make it worse.
10-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Wiles

I don't use heat either. While I don't think it makes my pain much worse, I find that using heat makes me more uncomfortable.
10-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
PERDITA

I personally find heat helps!
10-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
geharbison

I think that it's part psycological and part real. I have always felt worse when it is cold. I usually use some kind of indirect heat to warm up my whole body and stop the chills I get when I'm in pain. Space heaters work really well for me. If I'm in a lot of pain I take a hot shower. If you try putting something directly on your belly you're probably going to inadvertantly put pressure on it, and that's gonna make you hurt worse. Anyway, hope this helps!

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Heat makes Crohn's Disease worse