• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New

New to this forum. Thought it would be nice to have a place for support and venting. Diagnosed in 2005 with Crohn's. Had a full colectomy in Sept '14. Recovering from that was not pleasant and I have not returned to work since. Life is so much easier and better since the surgery however. I would say it has been successful so far. Recently had a fistula and abscess and had to have surgery yesterday with a Seton drain as well. Just when things were going well too. I have been on and off Humira for 7 yrs. Allergic to Remicade. Now back on Humira in a few weeks. I would not wish this on my worst enemy!

Welcome to the group. I am sorry for what you have been through. Since you have been on and off Humira, has your doctor tested you for antibodies? This is trivial but I am allergic to Remicade also.

Welcome to the group. I am sorry for what you have been through. Since you have been on and off Humira, has your doctor tested you for antibodies? This is trivial but I am allergic to Remicade also.

Thanks!! Check antibodies? I see my GI on Monday so I could bring that up.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi and welcome valb.. sorry for your need to be here. I hope all goes well for you after this surgery. That things settle down again. Best wishes. Hugs💟

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, welcome to the forum. Please feel free to browse around the forum and ask questions. There's no such thing as a silly question and there's never any need to be embarrassed here, we're all in the same position.

I'm sure you'll have lots to offer with so much experience and I hope you find the forum welcoming and helpful.

:(

I hope so too!

It's too bad you're allergic to remicade. It's pretty darn good for perianal Crohn's.
I was pretty darn upset when I had a reaction to it. My first infusion I just got a rash so they kept a close eye on me at second infusion. Good thing nurse didn't listen to me because I kept saying I was fine...haha! I really wanted remicade to work for me. It has helped a friend of mine into remission.

Did you have an anaphylactic reaction to the remicade?
Throat and chest became tight and difficulty breathing. I got better when they stopped it and injected me with something I don't remember. It made me pretty loopy and dizzy haha.
Still to this day I think I was simply having a panick attack at the wrong moment but they don't want to risk trying it again. 😕 bummer!!!