• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Waiting for a diagnosis

Hi everyone, just joined the forum this morning and hoping maybe someone with a similar story could give me an idea what is going on.
I'm 34 and after many years of IBS symptoms, meds not working I finally got referred to a GI consultant in November, she palpated a 'thickened' area on my right lower abdomen and referred me for MRI and colonoscopy. The MRI showed a 'lesion' in the same area she had found thickened on palpation. The colonoscopy found an ulcerated area in the caecum/ ileocaecal valve but biopsies came back inconclusive as they didn't manage to get any actual mucosa, just inflammation tissue. I then had to have another colonoscopy only 3 weeks later (1week ago) this showed again ulceration in the same area and 1 wall of the ileocaecal valve is thickened. The terminal iliem looked normal but biopsies were taken and further, deeper biopsies from the affected area. I've been told they will be discussing my case in the GI meeting once they get my results but the wait is killing me. I've been told it could be Crohn's or a growth.

Hi there & welcome, I only joined after being diagnosed with CD recently & I've found it a very useful site full of help & advice, fingers crossed your diagnosis isn't too bad & you can get some medication for control of symptons

Welcome to the group. I am sorry for what you are going through. There is a section in here that is for people who are undiagnosed. You might want to try posting there also.