• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Eye problem

Not sure if it's related to ibs/ibd issues or the sleep apnoea or by what I'm reading if all these things including the sleep problems are all somehow connected my right eye doesn't hurt a great deal maybe a 1 on pain scale just can't focus looking straight ahead very bright lights make me dizzy feels wonky or clicky waters so much have to keep going and splashing water on my face

Are you asking about both sleep problems and eye problems? If that is the case ,have you asked your doctor to check your blood levels? I don't know about the eyes.

Asking if it could be related to the bowel/stomach issues as there seems to be quite a few symptoms that some have on here that sound the same

Are you on Prednisone? And if so,is your blood pressure normal?

I had a somewhat similar issue and Prednisone was the culprit as it increased my blood pressure and hence led to problems with my eye pressure.

Was on prednisone about 2 year's ago for suspected temporal arteries haven't felt that great since and had to be weaned off it.

Blood pressure has been high and ultra high been diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension and put on meds to reduce it seems under control now 132/90 the other day

Will make sure i never stop taking the bp meds though not figuring on taking them amitriptilyne ever again what with them and the prednisone feel lucky I'm here alive and kicking. And though I've been quite a rude sour puss to some on here in the past i feel like your my family now so will try my best not to be a miserable old sob ☺☺☺

Blood pressure has been high and ultra high been diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension and put on meds to reduce it seems under control now 132/90 the other day
That's a little bit high, but nothing to be concerned about.

You could try drinking hibiscus tea and eating bananas. I know this doesn't sound like much, but believe me hibiscus tea works wonders with blood pressure; it stabilizes it and it has worked for me.

Quite fond of bananas have them sliced on my rice krispies or mixed in with alpro soya yoghurt and syrup
Good for you.

Before I was diagnosed with Crohn's, I wasn't a big fan of bananas, or let's say I have never craved them. Now they're a cornerstone of both breakfast and dinner for me.

Ordered some of that hibiscus tea looks eye catching hope it doesn't taste like earl grey that was my sister's favourite tea was like drinking estee lauder perfume 😷😷😷 ☺☺☺

Was fond of golden delicious apples but have to refrain lost count how many shops I've ordered only to find some food stuffs on the high fodmap list

Ordered some of that hibiscus tea looks eye catching hope it doesn't taste like earl grey that was my sister's favourite tea was like drinking estee lauder perfume 😷😷😷 ☺☺☺
Haha! Don't worry, it doesn't taste anything like earl grey; I have tried both and hibiscus tastes more like raspberry tea or something. I totally agree that earl grey tea tastes horrible, though.

I know about the struggle of not being able to eat normal, and it really sucks especially when you live with your family and they're eating all they want all the time. Arrrrgh... the struggle is real.

Thankfully i live alone so can pretty much eat what i want when i want the only time it's a problem is the rare times i venture out to visit family then the attempts to explain how the fodmap allowed foods really aren't that bad lol end up having a right old gas sometimes ☺☺☺

There's some herbs and spices on the allowed list that i hope go well in curries as i will be cooking for Anita while over there as long as I'm not baking that is lol 😂😂😂

There's some herbs and spices on the allowed list that i hope go well in curries as i will be cooking for Anita while over there as long as I'm not baking that is lol 😂😂😂
I have been using rosemary, thyme and basil in making sauces and cooking generally.

I hope that the curry will turn out good. :D

Chilli ginger lemon grass red peppers are fodmap ok will live dangerously and add 1 or 2 not allowed then make a beeline for the loo if the curry goes in n out instantly ☺☺☺

Chilli ginger lemon grass red peppers are fodmap ok will live dangerously and add 1 or 2 not allowed then make a beeline for the loo if the curry goes in n out instantly ☺☺☺
Chilli is OK?! o.o I would totally spend the whole day crying from the cramps if I got that into my stomach. I remember the last time I ate some meat that was seasoned with a little bit of chilli and things were very unpleasant.

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't be able to tolerate curry at all. The whole broth and spices combination is just a no for me.