• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not diagnosed yet but need help

Hello my name is Dylan and I have been in a lot of pain for about 5 months now. I've always had stomach problems, I had part my colon removed when I was born and had a colostomy bag for 1 year. But recently I've had horrible pain around my pelvis area that leads to my sides and back. It's very intense and doesn't go away, I can hardly move sometimes. I also have severe fatigue, anxiety, mucus in stool. Constipation, bloating, gas, burning sensation, shortness of breathe, testical pain, chest pains, and canker sores. I'm sure there is symptoms I'm missing. But it's been so bad that I can't enjoy my family or just life at all. I took an awesome job and moved 5 hours away to work at a Toyota plant that pays great. I had it made intil this crap hit me. Most days are so bad that I can get outta the bed. Doctor are to lazy to help you where I live. It's gonna make me lose my job. My job requires a lot of lifting and moving in a hot factory! My pain is mostly under my belly button in that area but if any of you have had these symptoms, please give me some direction on what to do. I'm in a hard spot and want my life back. Oh and I had a ct enterography and it showed nothing but nothing else yet been done.
I'm a 22 year old male and always had stomach problems but nothing like this!

Welcome... You found a great group but I am sorry for all you are going through. What other tests have they run besides the ct entrrography? I heope that once the doctor has a diagnosis he can come up with the right mixture of medicine to put you in remission . Come here whenever you like.

He's gonna order some blood work to test for celiac and other things but I've try's the gluten free diet and it didn't work! I think he's gonna do a colonoscopy but it may be a few weeks. He said it may not be crohns but I don't know anything that could cause these symptoms and pain in my lower abdomen. I wish he would atheist give me something besides bentyl. Maybe something for crohns to see if it helps. I've always had stomach problems so this makes me just wanna die! I've thought about suicide but I can't do that to my wife and kids! Just want some answers like now.

fuzzy butterfly

He's gonna order some blood work to test for celiac and other things but I've try's the gluten free diet and it didn't work! I think he's gonna do a colonoscopy but it may be a few weeks. He said it may not be crohns but I don't know anything that could cause these symptoms and pain in my lower abdomen. I wish he would atheist give me something besides bentyl. Maybe something for crohns to see if it helps. I've always had stomach problems so this makes me just wanna die! I've thought about suicide but I can't do that to my wife and kids! Just want some answers like now.
Hi im sorry to hear that you are suffering so badly. It is very hard to diagnose stomach and bowel issues, as many different illnesses cause similar issues. Have you had a fecal calprotectin test or any scans done? . If not then maybe push for them to be done. Im afraid a lot of the time you do have to be strong and pushy to get the help you need. Should not of course be the case but ..
I would say that probably 98%of us has been in the position you are now. Hang in there things will get better once you get a diagnosis. I know the wait is unbearable but please just keep pushing for an answer. Best wishes hugs n support 💕

Not to sound critical of doctors, but they work for YOU as a patient. If your doctor isn't helping enough, fire them and get a new one. If that one isn't working, fire that one and get a new one. Five months is a long time to have a continuing medical problem so you definitely need to investigate. From your symptoms (keep in mind I am not a doctor) and the fact you are lifting heavy objects you may have an umbilical or inguinal (groin) hernia in additional to possibly having a gastrointestinal problem.
My recommendation to you is to be an advocate for yourself. Speak up and keep asking questions until you have a definite idea of what's going on and a plan to deal with it.

By the way (I am assuming you are in America), if you are diagnosed with a disease and apply for FMLA you CAN NOT be fired for taking time off to treat/recuperate from an illness. Since Toyota employs more than 50+ employees they are federally required to observe FMLA. The first step in this process though is to get a diagnosis!

Hope that helps!