• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First time using the forum

Hey there everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself and say a little bit about me and my story. I am 23 years old currently attending college in Harrisonburg, Virginia. I was diagnosed at the age of 13 when I was in middle school. I have had many ups and downs for sure and tried many different methods/medicines for treating my symptoms. I have had very bad experiences with some doctors in the past, but I am happy to say that I am lucky and found a gastro' doc that hears me out as a person, instead of just a bunch of symptoms. After many different combinations of lifestyle changes and horrific reactions to some prescriptions, I am currently managing my symptoms with the combination of Humira and eating healthy coupled with exercise on a regular basis. I have a wonderful support system of friends and family, but it is still not the same unless you talk to someone with a disease who truly understands what you go through. So, I hope that I can help some people by bringing positive vibes to the forum and connect with others that deal with the day to day issues that Crohn's, Colitis, or IBD unfortunately carry with them. Thanks for taking the time to read my short story! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Good vibes & positive thoughts!
- Greg

Welcome , Greg. I am glad that you found this place. I am sorry though that you have this disease. Feel free to share or vent about the disease.

fuzzy butterfly

Welcome Greg. Sorry for your need to be here . Thank you for sharing and keep up the positive vibes, keep as well n happy as you can . :hug:💕