Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Skin » Small pimples on forehead.

02-08-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
Small pimples on forehead.

So I have been on Pentasa, Imuran and Solupred (that's Prednisone) for 2 months now, and I noticed these small pimples that started to show up a couple of days ago on my forehead.

They don't itch or hurt, they are just there, scattered all over my forehead. I tried using facial washes and acne ointments and nothing worked. I was just wondering if anyone has/had a similar issue. And is there any possible solution to this? Or should I just ignore them?
02-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
Ian_H

My Support Groups:
Prednisone always gave me terrible back acne. Large portions of my back covered in it. Once I went off it for good about a year ago it took about 1 month to clear up. Also on imuran but it seemed to be only when I was on prednisone.

Remicade q6wks
Azathioprine 150 mg
Ferrous Gluconate
Vitamin D2 50,000 units weekly
02-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #3
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
Prednisone always gave me terrible back acne. Large portions of my back covered in it. Once I went off it for good about a year ago it took about 1 month to clear up. Also on imuran but it seemed to be only when I was on prednisone.
Did you use anything to get rid of them?

I'm currently tapering off, and I really hope that it is the culprit so that these will just go away. I don't want my face covered in acne like a teenager.
02-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
Ian_H

My Support Groups:
Did you use anything to get rid of them?

I'm currently tapering off, and I really hope that it is the culprit so that these will just go away. I don't want my face covered in acne like a teenager.
Yea i know what you mean! I used acne products on my back. Nothing specific but could not seem to rid them until I was completely off pred. Might be a trial and error with what cleansers work for ya. Best of luck!
02-08-2016, 03:02 PM   #5
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
Yea i know what you mean! I used acne products on my back. Nothing specific but could not seem to rid them until I was completely off pred. Might be a trial and error with what cleansers work for ya. Best of luck!
Well, sounds like all I have left is trying some other products. Thanks!
02-13-2016, 04:41 AM   #6
schwooters

My Support Groups:
only thing that helped me a little bit was healing earth/medicinal clay
best solution is to get off prednisone ;-)
02-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #7
zHassanz

My Support Groups:
only thing that helped me a little bit was healing earth/medicinal clay
best solution is to get off prednisone ;-)
I have tried that, and it does seem to help, but everything goes back to where we started overnight. Sounds like getting off pred. is the only solution.

It's a very slow process, though, since I'm cutting the dose by 5 mg on a course of 1 month to be off pred. for good.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Skin » Small pimples on forehead.