Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Undiagnosed - Can it be a type of Crohn's

03-01-2016, 01:23 AM   #31
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi wishing you the best of luck with your trip to the Mayo clinic. Hope you get the answers you need to feel better. Best wishes 💕💕 Mandy
03-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #32
Sunderlands

Thank you, Mandy! I'm so grateful for all your support. I'm looking forward to my Mayo Clinic appointment and really hoping I get answers (as well as treatment!) while I am there.

Sunderlands, it seems very unnatural to me for it to be in your system that long.
I agree, that's what my mother and I also think. I can't remember what the lady who was going to take my CTs told me exactly, but she didn't seem overly concerned about it... she did say that the barium will thicken up like concrete, making it difficult to exit your system (she also mentioned something about me being small, not sure if that has to do with it?) so she called my doctor and the doctor just told me to drink plenty of fluids which I've been trying to do since having the barium xray done. It's a tad frustrating, but I suppose I can't do much about it. Thank you!
03-01-2016, 01:25 PM   #33
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Be nice if they did spa treatments too eh !!. Mmm nice ☺💕
03-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #34
Sunderlands

That would be super! I think it's a great idea, haha! Aaaah, a spa treatment. What I wouldn't give for that right now.

Tomorrow I have my gastroenterology appointment, and my doctor told me that I'll probably be getting this blood test that can diagnose Crohn's... except I didn't think there was any blood test out there that could diagnose it. Does anyone know what blood test she could be talking about? Is there a test like that?
03-02-2016, 01:13 AM   #35
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi. The blood tests as far as im aware can check for inflamatory markers but it cant detect crohns per say. No one test can really give you a diagnosis. So they will probably be checking for certain markers that may indicate crohns as a possibility.such as low iron,minerals,vitamims..red n white blood cell counts etc.
Stool samples often give up alot of info to. Fecal calprotectin test is a very good one for detecting inflammation.
Good luck and let us know how you get on please. Hugs 💕 Mandy
03-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #36
Sunderlands

Thank you for telling me about those tests! I still wonder which one my doctor was referring to, since she actually had brought it up again and said that I'll actually get my blood drawn on Monday (gotta love how these things keep getting changed!). Suppose I will find out then.

My gastroenterology appointment went well! It took a very long time, but I feel like something might actually be done-- this is a feeling I never got with my other gastroenterologist's. He checked through all my past procedures, and found out that my colonoscopy was actually abnormal despite my previous gastroenterologist's telling me that everything was normal. I should have known something was wrong with that considering that same gastroenterologist who did my colonoscopy/endoscopy caused some scope damage in my intestine (caused some bleeding) but then blamed it on "ibuprofen overuse" when never have I used ibuprofen much, even with my migraine problems.

He's looking into the abnormality of my colonoscopy pathology report now, so I'm really hoping to hear some answers sometime soon. He also told me that my constipation problem is functional, so its being caused by another problem going on in my gut-- to which I definitely agree. He rescheduled my CT scan for Tuesday, and he also said that he'll probably want to re-scope me once he figures out my pathology reports. I'm just glad things are seeming to move forward!

The only issue I take with him is that he likes to think blood work can't change... or that it can indicate a lot, which I don't really approve of. Hopefully that won't get in the way too much. I really want to make things work with this gastroenterologist (this makes it sound like a relationship haha).

This will sound ridiculous, but I'm glad my pathology report actually showed abnormalities. After being repeatedly told by my other gastros that everything was normal, it's just very frustrating!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Undiagnosed - Can it be a type of Crohn's