• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira and morning sickness

So I'm 8 weeks pregnant! Its been a long journey to get here, and I've been in a pretty perfect remission on Humira for 6 months.

But oh, the morning sickness. I have been so sick since week 6. Puking, all day/ night nausea, diarrhea intermixed with constipation (say what?!). Headaches, major food aversions. Eating and cooking has become my enemy. And I can't decide if I'm having crohns symptoms or if this is part of the journey?

Then on Friday night I had my humira shot and since then, I have almost been feeling like a normal person. No puking, a lot less nausea. No headaches.

So now I'm freaking out that I shouldn't be feeling this good, and I'm wondering, does the Humira have an effect on the morning sickness? Or am I miscarrying? Or should I just relax and enjoy a few days of feeling better?

Has anyone had similar experiences on Humira? I'm going crazy here :(

fuzzy butterfly

Hi, I have just seen your post, I am sorry you have been having a rough time.
I have not been on humira, but I would suggest that you check with your doctor and ask what he/she thinks. It may be due to you being due for your injection. Or maybe morning sickness has run it's course.
Sorry I can't be of more help. Best wishes n hope all goes smoothly with the baby. Congratulations by the way ☺👶💕