Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Fear of negative results? Seriously?

02-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
Mellybean

Fear of negative results? Seriously?

So I'm starting to think I lost it. Called my doc to let him know how the prednisone did little to help the discomfort, although it has opened my appetite and gave me a bit of a hard time sleeping since starting Friday.
So now, I have to up the prednisone to 40mg, go for more blood work, parasite tests, C Diff, what have you. On top of all the tests I did last Thursday.
Now, I'm kinda scared of the possibility of everything coming back clean. All the sudden, the most terrifying outcome for me is to be told nothing's happening. Cause I know I'll go home and wonder if it's real, if I'm making it up somehow. And there will be nothing to warrant that although my symptoms aren't nearly as bad as it could get, well, they are making life difficult.
No one in my family and friends really gets that you know? They all would rejoice. I feel it's gonna be hard to do for me, cause either I'm managing a small flare-up or I spend entirely too much time trying to figure out why I feel like this.
*Sigh*
Maybe a nap will help! lol
02-23-2016, 12:15 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You know your body better than anyone else. Have you had a fecal calprotectin test which measures inflammation in your gut?
02-23-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
Mellybean

Actually yep, just dropped it off at the lab Monday, so it's just the rest of the tests that'll be done tomorrow... I'll have to be patient!
02-23-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
sam357

My Support Groups:
Mellybean try not to worry, at least not until you get the results back.

I was diagnosed after years of pain and I felt as though no one believed what I had been saying.

It was nice to finally get a diagnosis but at the same time scary to know that there were things actually wrong with me.

I hope you feel better soon
02-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #5
Salad_Shooter

No one in my family and friends really gets that you know? They all would rejoice.
Do I ever understand this. And when they do rejoice, it's like slamming the door on my fears and concerns. I have lived that scenario for a very long time.
Lupus
RA
Sjogren's
COPD
Spinal Stenosis cervical (with spinal cord flattening)
Spinal Stenosis lumbar
Severe Pulmonary Hypertension
Right heart failure
02-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #6
tots

My Support Groups:
Mellybean

I know exactly what you mean!!
I am so sorry your having a hard time.

Lauren

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!
02-25-2016, 07:19 PM   #7
Mellybean

Thanks guys! It's really hard on the nerves at times. It's good to see that you fine folk are around and willing to listen and chime in...truly a blessing!
02-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #8
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Amen

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Fear of negative results? Seriously?