• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help

Good Morning

I have suffered since birth with bowel issues when I was little it was constipation and the solution then was suppositories. Nowadays it is chronic painful intense speeding bowel movements. I can take 12 Imodium before I get any relief. I have been on Amitrytiline, Bentyl, Lomitol, now Viberzi......nothing helps.
I have bloody bright red stools sometimes and my anus always bleeds. Bowel leakage constantly I live with toilet paper between my cheeks. I know where every bathroom in town is. I have missed work sooo much I feel like I will be fired.
Nauseated stomache, belching, night sweats.
I get sick all the time, never have energy am diagnosed Diverticulosis, Hypothyroid, had Endometriosis (hysterectomy)
I have had a colonoscopy and Dr said I have IBS and Diverticulum pockets so eat fiber.....Fiber kills me!!!! It is hard to eat veggies bran wheat acidic foods it gets instant revenge.

Could this be Crohns????? I feel like IBS is a lazy diagnosis and nothing helps so far!!!!

2009 I had Obstructed Bowel for 4 days

May I know the results of your blood tests (actual values) and other tests (thyroid/liver function/any other) that you have had so far?

my little penguin

Staff member
So inflammatory bowel disease requires proof of damage /inflammation.
The standard is a colonscopy /imaging ( mre/CTE) /pill cam /biopsies.

So if you had a colonscopy then visual your colon looked "ok" per your Gi
I would assume biopsies were taken which should have shown inflammation or crohns
These you could have sent out for a second opinion re read
These only cover small bits of your intestine though which could in theory miss the inflammation
Lastly if you had any imaging/pill cam completed that would assure you whether there was inflammation present .

It's hard when things are not quite right but the testing shows normal
Have you looked at gastric emptying or ds motility .

Good luck

Did they give the reason of the bowel obstruction in 2009? Also, blood inflammatory markers are generally tested in such cases.

I have not had a pill cam, no no reason was given to me for the Bowel Obstruction but the did have me come back to get the Colonscopy and the Dr said only signs of Diverticulosis. But could it be somewhere else in the body? I have no immune system, I poop acidy mucous that is intensely painful and fast. Is this how Crohns is?

It is very difficult to say, honestly. Blood inflammatory markers can be a good place to start. They are cheap, easy, but exploratory.

I am really sorry that I cannot be of any more help. I am undiagnosed as yet. This is a difficult disease to diagnose with the best of testing, and honestly, it takes a lot of time in many cases. I send you my best wishes with regard to your job.

Complete Blood Count, ESR, CRP (these 2 markers of inflammation), Liver Function, Thyroid. That is what they gave me.

Complete Blood Count, ESR, CRP (these 2 markers of inflammation), Liver Function, Thyroid. That is what they gave me.

my little penguin

Staff member
Also fecal caloprotectin ( stool test ) looks to see if inflammation. Is present

They can check for sugar /gluten intolerance as well during the upper/lower endoscopy