• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Painful Lymph Nodes

Do any of you suffer from painful/tender lymph nodes?

At the moment the only symptoms I'm receiving are night sweats and swollen lymph nodes. I have maybe 5-6 pea sized lumps on the left side of my groin, and a few on the right side. They've been swollen for 1 year+ now but only 1-2 are tender/painful to the touch. I also have one next to my ear, just above my jaw on the left side of my face, it's been swollen for 6 months and hasn't gone down at all but it's not painful/tender.

Is this a symptom of Crohn's flaring or another underlying issue?

I would tell your dr it could be a number of things.. Generally your lymphnodes swell when your body is fighting something, it could be crohns but it could also be a number if things. Best of luck to you.

I would tell your dr it could be a number of things.. Generally your lymphnodes swell when your body is fighting something, it could be crohns but it could also be a number if things. Best of luck to you.
Yeah I've been to a few doctors about it. None of them have been too concerned about it and just say it's a response from my body that I have an infection. But I feel otherwise..

Yeah I've been to a few doctors about it. None of them have been too concerned about it and just say it's a response from my body that I have an infection. But I feel otherwise..
Is there any antibiotic the doctor can put you on?