• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm so hungry I could cry...

Today is day one of prep for my colonoscopy on Monday and I am friggen starving! Lol. I also have a WICKED headache that I assume is from caffeine withdrawal? Ugh! Can't wait to be able to eat and drink coffee Monday afternoon! Haha.

Thanks! Mostly I'm just venting. It sucks cooking meals for everyone else. The house fills with yummy smells. Then someone wants a coffee and that smells good too....everything is working against me. Lol.

I can't believe I have two more days of this. I don't know if I'll make it. I'm so hungry I'm crying. And my kids want food and I have to cook and I keep snapping at them....people should not be allowed to parent while having to starve themselves. 😞👎

I feel for you stylinmama. I've had to do 2 2-day preps in a 3 month timespan. For me the first day is the worst. By the second day I'm lethargic and not really hungry. Luckily I didn't have to cook for anyone and could hole myself up in my house. Hang in there!!

I'm just really feeling sorry for myself I guess. I have three kids to look after and a barn FULL of sheep lambing (70+ ewes) that of course just started lambing in the last few days. So I have to be out there every 3 hours at night (and last night i was out there from 2am-5am dealing with sheep and babies) and then can't have coffee and then look after my kids, wrestle with every ewe that has a baby to make sure she has milk, move them all around so they don't steal each other's babies.....and I have one wild one that I have to milk every three hours and feed her two babies.

I don't know how people do this.... I'm dizzy and light headed already and still have to drive four hours tomorrow night to get to the city where the hospital is for my test on Monday morning.

fuzzy butterfly

Hells bells girl. No wonder you are hungry.. all that to do on no grub. My heart goes out to you hun. Lord give you strength 🙏 :hug: 💕

White grape juice was allowed on my prep, and it gave me enough sugar and calories to make it. I know what you mean about the coffee and needing it to get through cooking for kids! I got so desperate I drank it black. Kind of rough, but it helped with the headache. We have a sheep farm near us and coincidentally went by it and saw all of the adorable lambs out in the pasture with their mothers. Totally different perspective from a car window! Really feel for you. Pawn the kids off (both types) if there's any way possible.

I have to prep for so long because I have thrown up any sort of prep that you have to drink. I'm suppose to be on clear fluids only for 2 days (so no coffee...even black👎) My prep consists of clear fluids sat/sun. No food. Take one ducolax sat night and Sunday night then do a fleet enema an hour before the exam and nothing (not even water) to drink after the enema.

My inlaws help me with the sheep but they are old (70+ years) so I do the hard stuff and the night checking. Basically they check the sheep during the day but should they have babies that whole mess is on me.

Just one more day to get through I guess and hopefully I make it to the city where my test is tomorrow night. it's suppose to rain and snow tomorrow night too. Fun times! Ugh!

Oh, the third day is the day of my tests which my GI has said I'll still have to follow a "soft diet" (whatever the hell that is lol) after.

Anyone know what's considered "soft" food when you're stuck in a hotel room with no way to cook? lol.

I should add that since we are lambing I have to go to do this alone, 4 hours from home, so I'll be staying in a hotel the night before the test and Monday night. Will I be good to drive the day after??

hmmmm....will probably miss the breakfast offered that day. I'll have to ask the Dr I guess and see what I could eat after that would be an option without being able to cook or drive.

Mashed potatoes are easy on the gut. Pancakes, too, if you don't douse them in sugary syrup. Pasta is easy on the gut, too, just watch out for acidic tomatoes after not eating for so long.

I cannot drink any lemon-lime soft drinks because just the smell of it makes me nauseous. I feel you on the prep stuff.

One more day, then you get good drugs and you'll be in your happy place. lol:hippy: