Share Facebook

03-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #1
kathoga

Very skinny stools

My bowel movements always come out in the size of a pinky. I may pass two or three of these stools. No matter how much I eat or what I eat, my body doesn't produce normal sausage shaped stools.

I never had surgery. I've had Crohn's for 16 years. The last time I remember passing a normal stool was at age 17.

What can be wrong? What can be done to fix this?
03-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sometimes this happens to me but I don't know the answer.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
03-06-2016, 11:56 AM   #3
stylinmama

My Support Groups:
i would think you likely hav active inflammation going on but I'll let some of the more experienced people answer this. That's how mine are and I have active inflammation.
03-06-2016, 12:15 PM   #4
Pesachcrohns

I have that sometimes on and off. But to answer your question I don't know what it means.

03-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
i would think you likely hav active inflammation going on but I'll let some of the more experienced people answer this. That's how mine are and I have active inflammation.
Dont know for sure if that is what causes it but I do know I have active inflammation right now.
03-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
shamrock15
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
In my case it meant rectal strictures. Has this just started for you or changed recently? Are you on any medications at all? Are you currently working with a GI? If so, please let him know. Medication early on may prevent inflammation from becoming strictures, then your options for treatment start to narrow. Dilatations are possible and can work, even to a small extent with strictures. Worth following up with a doctor.
03-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #7
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My bowel movements always come out in the size of a pinky. I may pass two or three of these stools. No matter how much I eat or what I eat, my body doesn't produce normal sausage shaped stools.

I never had surgery. I've had Crohn's for 16 years. The last time I remember passing a normal stool was at age 17.

What can be wrong? What can be done to fix this?
Hi i had read that sometimes skinny poops are caused by the bowels narrowing ,thus why they are thinner. If you havent already inform your doctor n check with him. I think the medical term is called a stricture but not certain there. They sometimes perform surgery to rectify the problem.

It may not be the case in your case . Just letting you know of a possible cause.
Best wishes 💕
03-06-2016, 09:43 PM   #8
kathoga

Yeah, my anal canal is very narrow. And I may have a stricture in my sigmoid colon.

Do you they have surgery to fix a narrow anal canal?
03-06-2016, 10:25 PM   #9
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yeah, my anal canal is very narrow. And I may have a stricture in my sigmoid colon.

Do you they have surgery to fix a narrow anal canal?
We have a surgery section in here. You might want to repost your question there.

03-07-2016, 05:27 AM   #10
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi kathoga, I do believe that they can do surgery for that, it is not to narrow its called a sphincterotomy, if its very narrow it is called an anoplasty this is a reconstructive surgery.
Have you spoken to your doctor about this yet?. If not it would be wise to do so sooner rather than later, so the narrowing doesn't get any worse. I hope you can get this sorted out soon. Best wishes 💕
03-07-2016, 05:36 AM   #11
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi maybe you can Google it and check if it describes what you have going on. 💕
03-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #12
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi kathoga, I do believe that they can do surgery for that, it is not to narrow its called a sphincterotomy, if its very narrow it is called an anoplasty this is a reconstructive surgery.
Have you spoken to your doctor about this yet?. If not it would be wise to do so sooner rather than later, so the narrowing doesn't get any worse. I hope you can get this sorted out soon. Best wishes 💕
I also hope you can get it taken care of sooner rather than later. Let us know.