• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gross alert! Poop colour?

Hey, yeah. Gross question.
Should I worry about pale stools? I've been bouncing back and tapering my pred, but lately I notice my poop getting pale. Like a milky coffee colour. Dr Google is giving me scary info about liver failure and parasites and quite frankly, it's a bit scary! I'm thinking of calling my doctor if this continues, but still, I find it a bit odd...anyone wanna reassure or scare me? Lol

my little penguin

Staff member
We have called before
Always a good idea when symptoms are new for you
For Ds we were told
White
Tar black
And shades of red are concerning
But again this is for Ds.
You Gi might have different lists

fuzzy butterfly

Hi i suffer from bile salts malabsorbtion and have occasional pale or even yellowy stool. So yes i agree with the others speak to your doctor. Best wishes 💕

I figured as much! Lately I've been just more drained, low energy, dizzy and stuff. I haven't linked stool color with antacid use or different foods, it's seemingly a random thing. And since my doc has me off work at the moment, it would be a good thing to get that resolved at the same time!! I'll give him a call and see!