• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Night sweats

For the last 4 nights I have been suffering with night sweats. I am not usually a particularly sweaty person but each night I have been waking up with my pyjamas really wet with sweat. Is this a common symptom of Crohn's and what does it mean?
I had a bowel resection 6 weeks ago and was diagnosed with Crohn's 3 weeks ago. I am still waiting for an appointment with my consultant to discuss the diagnosis.
Thanks.

Night sweats can be a sign of infection and a sign of active crohns disease. Best to advise your doctor in this case as you are so recently out of surgery. Sleeping with a towel under you may help a little with some of the sweating.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi sometimes meds can cause night sweats too. Check your meds leaflets if you can. I have had and still have the sweats but i am a lady of a certain age lol. I was worse tho when i was in a flare so it could be related to that. Speak with your doc to see if you can work out a cause. Best wishes 💕

I get night sweats when my Crohn's is active. I just had surgery 3 weeks ago and I started getting night sweats when I went off my pain meds at week 2. Found out night sweats is a symptom of opiate withdrawal. I noticed last night it is getting better for me so I'm hoping its just from stopping the Oxycodone and it's not because I'm going to flare.

Hi FuzzyButterfly-starting to feel more like myself, thanks for asking. I went back to work a few days this week. Definitely still tired but slowly getting better. I figure the more I get out there and move around the more I will get my strength and endurance back.

fuzzy butterfly

Glad your doing well. Ye it takes a bit of time to build back up. Just take it slowly and you will get there. I found it hard at first n very tiring, but i got there. It can be hard to take it easy if your like me and just want to be back to normal asap,we just have to pace ourselves i guess.
You take care and best wishes to you for continued improvment. Hugs 💕Mandy

Thanks everyone, I'm not on any medication at the moment due to only just being diagnosed and not seeing my gastro consultant yet. Luckily I was fine last night so I will see how I get on. I will certainly mention it when I eventually get an appointment through! Blooming nhs!!