• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Post-Anorectal abscess surgery

Hello,

I had an anorectal abscess surgery at the beginning of the year; Jan, 18 2016. And my doctor said my wound is healed and I am recovered.

After the painful journey, I thought I am fully recover, but I am not. Today I was using warm water to clean my anus area (like enema bottle) but when I was discharging the water there was a sharp pain from my anus ring(?)

I am not sure if that is anal fissure or something else? It's not bleeding or draining, so I thought it's odd......

My doctor didn't notice anything last week, so I am wondering what is going on!?

Help!

fuzzy butterfly

Hi im not sure what is going on. I have not had to deal with what you have.It may just be post op twinges. They can happen for a while after surgery .
Might be best to give your doctor a ring and have a word with him to double check .
Best wishes 💕