Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Almost 3 months out of surgery and having stomach soreness and sharp pain right rib cage

03-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
Darkwysper

Almost 3 months out of surgery and having stomach soreness and sharp pain right rib cage

Almost 3 months ago I had resection surgery then ended up having to go back in with a sec emergency surgery when the connection failed and ended up with a temp ileostomy. Because I was in for 5 weeks and lost 30 pounds of muscle and fat I left barely able to walk..super weak ect. Ended up falling the sec day home which made everything way more sore. I have also been back to the Hospitol twice, once when I was severely dehydrated with kidneys failing (7 day stay) and once for severely low sodium (30 hours). My issue started a few weeks ago because I am so afraid of everything I regularly press on my belly to make sure it isn't painful like when my crohns was active. My stomach was a little sore. No cramping or anything at all, just soreness. Also a lot of the time the soreness was my upper stomach under my robs..more right side. When I wake up it seems to hurt until I get to sit down. I am still trying to build back my strength with all of this as well but can't stand for longer than 15 min before I need to sit. Anyway for the last few days it's hurt when I breath in fast under right rib cage. Sharp pain. I also have gallstones. That is less this morning but when I press on my center belly it's sore now. Is all of this normal gas pains ect? I am scared of my crohns coming back so soon but I don't have any symptoms I used to have. I do have a call into my surgeon but he won't be back til next week. What scares me is I didn't have the soreness for the first 2 months ...any advice would be great.
03-21-2016, 07:35 AM   #2
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi sorry for your need to be here. The pain you describe sounds similar to pains I had a few weeks after my op, mine turned out to be a pulmonary embolism, I had to take warfarin for a few months.
It may not be the case for you but I suggest that you Contact your doctor and get it checked out just in case as if it is, it can be very serious. Please get checked out asap.
Hopefully it won't be a pulmonary embolism... Best wishes 💕

5yrs since dxd. 3yrs in remission.. in remission since march 2014, dxd july 2012, ileostomy march2014, reversed feb 2015 all's good so far
Mandy

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Almost 3 months out of surgery and having stomach soreness and sharp pain right rib cage