Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » It's TMI Tuesday!! 😉

03-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #1
stylinmama

My Support Groups:
It's TMI Tuesday!! 😉

So I had supper at 6pm then at about 6:30pm it was bathroom time. Well I'm fairly confident that what came out actually WAS supper. Lol. Is that even possible? Seems a bit far fetched that food can get through 25 feet of intestine that quickly? Lol.
03-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
JaimeM

My Support Groups:
I'm having the opposite issue. I haven't pooped since Friday. I had a little pink goo last night haha but I don't think that counts whatever it was
Switched to Cimzia but didn't work 2015
Back to Remicade and added Azathioprine 2016
03-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
sagette

My Support Groups:
It can. Hopefully, you are not heading toward a flare and it was just something that disagreed with your stomach.
03-22-2016, 10:46 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
It can happen bit I thought the majority of the time it takes several hours. I hope you feel better soon.
03-23-2016, 02:29 AM   #5
Layla

My Support Groups:
Yes that can happen, on bad days I make sure to be near a loo around 20 mins after I eat. If I have a soft boiled or poached egg I can virtually set the clock at 20 minutes exactly!
Resection due to strictures in 2014
Currently taking: amitriptyline, zinc, multi vitamin, b12 shots, Vit D, B complex, magnesium, calcium, Psyllium and the occasional iron infusion, probably sarting a medical trial soon

Previously on Remicade, Humira, Prednisone, Azathioprine, MTX, Pentasa, Asacol, Salofalk
03-23-2016, 06:55 AM   #6
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Yup.....same here - it is amazing how fast food can travel when your insides don't want it in there!!!!!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
03-23-2016, 07:17 AM   #7
Agent X20

My Support Groups:
Count me in. It's like dropping a pebble down a drainpipe sometimes.
03-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #8
towlsmoke420

This happens to me with chipotle. I love getting a bowl to eat but 20 minutes after I'm done, I create my own bowl in the toilet. Sorry for the graphic details
03-23-2016, 08:24 AM   #9
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Yep, I've had that happen as well. I had these peppermint capsules awhile back and I'd use them as "sentinels" of a sort so that I could gauge my digestive transit time. I'd take a peppermint capsule and then wait. Sometimes it was only 15 or 20 minutes later, I'd have to use the bathroom, and sure enough - minty smelling poo! The peppermint made it through me that quickly.

I've heard other people on the forum say they'll eat something indigestible, like a few kernels of corn, and see how long it takes for them to see the corn come out the other end. So I'm apparently not alone in sending a sentinel through my digestive system!
03-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #10
stylinmama

My Support Groups:
Ya. I'm flaring. Can't find a Dr who is willing to give me any meds either so I guess it'll be this way until June (another colonoscopy appointment).

I have sort of done the same thing cat-a-tonic. Haha. I never actually tried to do it though, just noticed the corn in the toilet. Lol.
03-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #11
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Support

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » It's TMI Tuesday!! 😉