Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender » Questions on affect on relationships

03-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #1
Tommy21bn

My Support Groups:
Questions on affect on relationships

Has any gay man broken up with a partner over being dx with Crohn's? How do people deal with extensive scarring caused by surgery in the vanity obsessed gay world? Finally, does anyone else not feel like a 'complete' gay man due to the removal of their rectum?

Many thanks
03-23-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
mish2575

My Support Groups:
Sending hugs
03-24-2016, 12:50 PM   #3
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I had one guy break up with me over crohns but he didn't say it. I knew though. Others were accepting and the scars never seemed to be an issue even though I was horrified they would be due to the heavy emphasis on body image.
03-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
mish2575

My Support Groups:
Even not being gay i get it. It is one of the reasons i gave my marriage a harder try. I enjoy a good sex life with him and i don't have to worry about those scars and active fistulas.

I cant imagine having to start a relationship with this issue. I hope that doesn't make you feel worse, i'm trying to be sympathetic.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender » Questions on affect on relationships