• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scope prep day today.....

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
That time again.....it's funny, I just found my thread from my last scope which was in early October 2014.....had my period start the day of the prep....

Guess what started yesterday? LOL.....thought I was going to miss it.....

Anyway, procedure is scheduled for 1230 tomorrow, late for me, but it is what was available and worked with my schedule. What stinks is having those extra 6 hours or so that I can't eat!!!

I have been eating fairly lightly the past 2 days, only liquid today - did have my coffee to stave off a headache today, sipping grapefruit soda right now and switching to all clear fluids after lunchtime.

The actual prep times will be interesting, I may just do it 'as normal' so I'm not getting up at an ungodly hour even though I tend to wake up about 5am anyway! I have the Miralax prep, mixed it up with lemonade yesterday and will supplement it with ginger ale I think.....

Wish me luck!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
All went well, doctor said scope went well and things looked good. She took about a half dozen biopsies so I should get those results in about two weeks.