Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » How long until the Prednisone Moonface disappears?

03-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
marcopolo

How long until the Prednisone Moonface disappears?

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that people here with experience with taking prednisolone and the side effects could give a realistic answer to my question.

I took Prednisolone for around 3 and a half months, during which I received them intravenously for 2 weeks. My highest dose that I recall was around 40mg.

Inevitably, my face blew up and I had moon face incredibly bad within a couple of weeks of taking them, Now that I have been completely off the steroids for 3 months, it distresses me to say that I have not noticed any difference whatsoever and nobody around me has noticed any difference either.

How long after you stopped taking Pred did it take for the Moonface to start going back to normal and how long was it until it fully went back to normal?

Thank you in advance,
Marco
03-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #2
Tubes

My Support Groups:
Everybody's different my 1st time it was 3 or 4 months the weight came off 1st but the moon face was the last to go.I've been on prednisone many times quickest it went away was 4 to 6 weeks but I've also had it last over 6 months.Hopefully your's will be quicker.
03-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Same here
Ds has been on pred for 3-5 months three times so far
This last time took a very long time to go away
Many months

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » How long until the Prednisone Moonface disappears?