Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Traditional Chinese Medicine Trial

03-28-2016, 03:20 AM   #1
Charlotte.

My Support Groups:
Traditional Chinese Medicine Trial

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26473333

Seems to be helpful for sustaining remission.

Stelara; Uceris; Lansoprazole; Domperidone.

Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Entocort, Uceris, Prednisolone, TPN, EEN, different alternative treatments.
03-31-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

thanks interesting, but they do mention that more adverse events occurred in the high dose medicinal plant group than in the mesalamine group, which is not quite reassuring. would like to read the full article to inquire about those side effects.
This plant is maybe available in the west with traditional chinese doctors, we got plenty of them working here in Chinatown.

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).
04-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
I'm also curious what the "adverse effects" were since in the conclusion they state that it is well tolerated. I also find it interesting that the high and low dosage only differ by 0.5mg/kg. Perhaps titering at 0.1mg/kg might keep the effectiveness but lower the adverse effects?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Traditional Chinese Medicine Trial