• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Surgery...

My surgery went well yesterday. They removed a lot of adhesion, around the terminal ileum. Two and a half months of constant pain was becoming unbearable. Super sore today, hoping to recoup quickly as I plan to get back to the classroom on Monday. Only three work days and then we have a two day Spring Break. That will give me another four days to build my strength back.

I must say I had such a great team of drs. who looked each problem I have, crohns, diabetes thyroid issues, my newly diagosed Lupus worry, probable SA, and so many allergies to meds, etc...They were all hesitant about performing the surgery, but I am grateful they took it seriously.

Now to heal...I pray that this parts goes well. So many meds, so many problems...

fuzzy butterfly

Hi glad all went well
You may feel sore for a while. Hang in there it will all settle down,if your docs are behind you n help you.
Best wishes 💕💕

I'm glad to hear all went well.

I recently had surgery myself. I'm curious to know, what meds are you being put on now?

Laparascopic surgery (apologies for spelling)? Even with that 3 days in a class may be too much for you. I would suggest having your supply plans ready. You may find the fatigue greater than you anticipate. In any case, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thanks all...I have been running a fever from low grade to 100.5 since yesterday evening. I think I have overdone it just a tad.I always feel like I need to downplay my issues to accommodate to everyone else's needs. My incision sites look good, maybe just inflammation???

Wow your doing well, well done. Ive not had surgery for crohns but it sounds like you might want to rest abit more. Hope you carry on recovering well.

And geez oh, the bleeding begins again!!! The D started back over the weekend. The fever has gone back down at least, but the bleeding was unexpected and timing is off. It seems that when one thing seems to look a bit better, another just creeps back. >.<

How much bleeding? Some bleeding after abdominal surgery is not surprising. When I had my surgery it took more than a few days to get back in the swing of things. (5 weeks in fact!) I was told to take 6 weeks off after surgery, but by week 6 I was going bonkers and went back to work.

The "D" is also not surprising. When my guts started working again (3 days after surgery) I was told to expect black, tarry, explosive "D". And that was what happened.

Please take the time you really need to heal.

Like a nosebleed, only it wasn't...I came home half day today. My energy just isn't there. I am used to the D, as it is my biggest crohns symptom. The surgery was to remove adhesions, so I didn't think it would affect my colon. I really thought I would bounce back easier than this since it was laparscopy and not open.

I did call my GI and left a message, just waiting to see if he is concerned.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi lisa. Hun please give your self time to recover n recoup. Even laprascopic surgery takes it out of you. Rest is still needed hun. Hope your doc gets back to you asap. Hope you recover n feel better soon. Best wishes n hugs 💕💕Mandy

The bleeding saga continues. My surgeon is on vacation this week and my GI ran more labs this evening to check on my numbers. I worked through today, Spring Break has officially begun. I have never been so thrilled to get a break so I can recoup some.