Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Green tea/Matcha Beneficial? Harmful? Placebo/no effect?

04-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #1
KB24

Green tea/Matcha Beneficial? Harmful? Placebo/no effect?

Well so far I'm using bigelow decaf green tea, and after researching I saw Matcha Green teas specifically :Matcha Green Tea Powder

Is there any studies or any of your personal experience with any type of green tea or specifically Matcha powdered green tea as that is supposed to be more stronger with antioxidants.

Benefical? Harmful? Placebo/no effect?

Would like some insight on this . Thanks.
04-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
Charlotte.

My Support Groups:
Thanks for bringing that up, I had the same thought a few days ago. If you have time now, look on pubmed.gov, I found different study results, but in general it should be helpful to decrease inflammation by its polyphenols.
The thing is, it also contains a sort of caffeine, and I might have a problem with that. I will (re)test it in a few week's time and let you know my personal results.

Stelara; Uceris; Lansoprazole; Domperidone.

Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Entocort, Uceris, Prednisolone, TPN, EEN, different alternative treatments.
04-10-2016, 04:05 PM   #3
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
Hi iv just started to give green tea a try... im not in a flare but thought it may help prevent or at least if i do flare help it from being as bad.. i have to say at present i cant say if helpful or not. Heres hoping it is tho. Best of luck n hope it helps you. 💕
04-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #4
KB24

Hi iv just started to give green tea a try... im not in a flare but thought it may help prevent or at least if i do flare help it from being as bad.. i have to say at present i cant say if helpful or not. Heres hoping it is tho. Best of luck n hope it helps you. 💕
Thanks you hope it works for you as well, out of curiosity what brand is it, and is it decaf?
04-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #5
KB24

Thanks for bringing that up, I had the same thought a few days ago. If you have time now, look on pubmed.gov, I found different study results, but in general it should be helpful to decrease inflammation by its polyphenols.
The thing is, it also contains a sort of caffeine, and I might have a problem with that. I will (re)test it in a few week's time and let you know my personal results.
Thanks,
I actually have a decaf kind (bigelow green tea decaf), but not sure if that one is even strong enough to get benefits as I've heard that in teabag form it is not as strong. Just letting you know in general i believe its 25 mg but with decaf I think its around 1-3 mg not sure how much mine actually has. out of curiosity what brand of green tea are you trying?
04-11-2016, 02:21 AM   #6
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
Thanks you hope it works for you as well, out of curiosity what brand is it, and is it decaf?
Hi im trying Asda's(walmart)own brand none decafe,50 bags for aŁ1.00 it just says100% green tea but no mg per teabag is listed.
💕
04-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #7
KB24

I've done some research myself and realize there are few disadvantages as well. Going to speak with my GI and nutritionist before I continue to believe this is a viable option

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Green tea/Matcha Beneficial? Harmful? Placebo/no effect?