• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

HGH- Who knows about this???

P

plagueius

I read several articles about human growth hormone helping with crohn's. Anybody have any info to share?

Well human growth hormone can help your body in so many different ways that it is hard to say what it could do for Crohn's. Alls I know is that if I started taking that stuff I couldnt partake in the tour de france next year. LOL But seriously HGH is over all a great thing for the body, many movie stars take it now because it makes them look young without plastic surgery.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I do not know much about this. Care to explain what information you know about it or how you heard it can related to Crohn's Disease?

I learned about it though cycling because cyclists use HGH as a form of doping to be able to do better when they race. I do not know exactly how it could help Crohn's but knowing what it has done for athletes it should work on us as well.

V

Valentina

Jeff D. said:
I learned about it though cycling because cyclists use HGH as a form of doping to be able to do better when they race. I do not know exactly how it could help Crohn's but knowing what it has done for athletes it should work on us as well.
and I say why not!? lol the steroids do wonders for us as well :)
happy doping everyone. lol

D

DarrylP_Ajax

I was always under the impression that growth hormones would be a negative thing for crohns, since many growth hormones are basically anabolic steroids. I just figured since we all take catabolic steroids (Prednisone), taking an anabolic steroid would kinda be cancelling it out?

K

Kate

i would pass in a big way from haveing an increased HGH my mum had that naturly and it fucked her body in a big way!!!!!!! but it can work like a steroid but then it can increase cancer and make your organs grow to big and increase the chances of organfailure and much much more

D

DarrylP_Ajax

Kate said:
i would pass in a big way from haveing an increased HGH my mum had that naturly and it fucked her body in a big way!!!!!!! but it can work like a steroid but then it can increase cancer and make your organs grow to big and increase the chances of organfailure and much much more
I think the organ failure stuff tends to be with very large doses....small controlled dosages of HGH can be managed by your body. Its when someone gets carried away and starts taking too much that they get screwed up. I have a buddy who was taking testosterone supplements to increase his gains from weight lifting, sure enough, he began taking too much and when he quit taking them a year and a half later his body had become dependant on the supplements and had stopped producing test. on its own. Kinda similar with us and Pred/Cortisone. I think i would want to know dosage amounts first, like if it work and it is small doses, then it may be a go in my books BUT i still am curious how making your immune system more active (which is what an increase in hormones would lead too) would help our condition..i would just think it would make our condition blossom.

K

Kate

my mum has achromegaly which means her pertuitry (sp?) gland cant control its output but even controled use i would still be hessitant

Well there have been controlled tests in the cycling community to have regular cyclists take HGH to see how it would effect there performance. They took HGH on small doses for ten years and they had to go in for tests every few weeks. During those ten years only a few of them had any side effects and these were mild. I remember reading this somewhere so I do not remember all of the details. But anyways they went from a strong performance output to a really strong performance output. They started to feel better in general, their skin cleared up and other things. The way they would have to do it though for us would be to take each individuals HGH so they can duplicate that in plants such as tobacco, don't worry it won't really be bad for you most medications are made that way anyway. But they could create am identical copy of your HGH and give it to you which should be perfectly fine for you. I hope you guys understand what I am talking about.

Here is the main study group article http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/106/108211.htm?pagenumber=1

Based off of what was said in that article I would steer clear of affecting HGH levels in the body... Testestorone and Estrogen both play a major part in crohn's too so I would stay away from that as well. As a matter of fact try to stay away from anything that effects horminal levels... Even such things as sinus medication because they affect histamine levels in the body...

You should only effect the natural hormones of your body unless you have no other choice... Well that's how I feel about it...

Wow so many people In here give their worthless opinion without knowing shit. Hgh is a miracle drug for crohns. Almost entirely benign. It’s easy to monitor as well and the doses used for crohns are low. All the negative effects of hgh resonate with doses that are used for body builders. Also testosterone is good for men with crohns. People who have compromised small intestines from small bowel resections and immflamation don’t have the ability to assimilate their nutrients from food let alone get all the amino acids they need for health and proper hormone balance. This is a better crutch than anything out there and the only reason you can’t get it prescribed is because the Ccfa dropped funding after the study worked too well showing the ability to make crohns sufferers less dependent on opioids, prednisone, and biologics. Hgh is used for other diseases that cause wasting syndrome. Crohns is the worst and no way to get insurance to cover it so fuck it and go black market. I’m tired of the fda forcing me to suffer when there are remedies for my symptoms.