Share Facebook

04-14-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
Barium Enema

I had a barium enema and X-rays yesterday, that was not fun! But they needed to check the resection site to make sure there is no leakage. Everything looks good and I was able to schedule my ileostomy reversal surgery for May 6th. I could have April 22nd but decided to pushed it back since that is close to my birthday and I didn't want to either be in the hospital or feeling bad that day. With my ileostomy I can eat more since food isn't going through my colon so I am planning on now eating all the foods that might give me a problem after they hook my colon back up. I plan on hitting up an Indian restaurant for my birthday dinner I hear that after the reversal you have to do low residue diet for a while and I will have diarrhea several times a day. I'm nervous that my symptoms will come raging back. I will be going on Imuran so hopefully I can tolerate that and it will help.
04-14-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Good luck and happy birthday!!!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
04-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
JaimeM

My Support Groups:
Ugh Barium Enemas are the worst! I did them a lot when I was a xray student.. I always told myself I would never ever have one! Glad it's over with for you tho. Imuran seems to be helping, I had my first remicade too so not sure which one it is.. I feel fairly normal tho. My liver enzymes were high this week so I had to have more testing done to see what my Imuran levels were. My nausea did go away about a week ago. Good luck with everything Eridon!
Switched to Cimzia but didn't work 2015
Back to Remicade and added Azathioprine 2016
04-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #4
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
I had an x-ray student administer mine and I did feel sorry for her. Glad your nausea went away. Fingers crossed that the Imuran and Remicade will put you in remission!
04-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #5
JaimeM

My Support Groups:
I had a patient who didn't do the prep well and ruined my brand new shoes. And my scrubs that I had on that day. Barium/poo mixture is really hard to get out of clothes lol. That poor person tho. Could you imagine?