• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Experience w/ juicing

Hi, I was wondering if any of you have been juicing consistently. and what your results have been, whether you are on meds along with juicing or without. And your results long term and short term. Long term being colonoscopy/endoscopy results (proof of lower inflamattion), short term being good blood work ( signs of lower inflammation in blood work) and feeling better generally.

Thanks.

Hi there
Are you thinking of juicing as an alternative to medication? I juice when I can when I am flaring but I also take meds. For me the juicing is a way to get all the goodness from fruit and veg into me and I find it boosts my energy levels. I have a stricture so am avoiding a lot of fibre for now.

Hi there
Are you thinking of juicing as an alternative to medication? I juice when I can when I am flaring but I also take meds. For me the juicing is a way to get all the goodness from fruit and veg into me and I find it boosts my energy levels. I have a stricture so am avoiding a lot of fibre for now.
No I'd still like to take meds as they are working well and don't want to mess anything up at the moment. However I was thinking of combining the medicine that I am on as well as having some constant juicing being done. I know it's light on us and gives us easy access to vitamin/minerals and was wondering how effective is it (anti inflammatory) when combined with meds from others experiences. I will try it soon as I feel that I will be able to get more nutrition this way. Just out of curiosity as well, what juicer do you use and what combination of fruit and veggies do you typically go for. And is organic necessary?
Thanks

Hi. I'm staying with a friend at the moment so can't tell you what juicer I have. Back in the UK I had a really good one, but here in Yangon I've just got a little one that I brought back from Bangkok.
I regularly juice apples, carrots, cucumber which I can get easily and beetroot, celery etc when I can find them. I also add half a teaspoonful of turmeric as it's supposed to be good for inflammation. I guess organic would be good it you get it, but I just buy fruit and veg from the supermarket.

Just remembered, the one I had in the UD was a Jack Lalanne - centrifugal juicer. I think he does quite a range though and they can be expensive. I got mine cheap secondhand from a friend who'd only used it once.