Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Big ugly bruise on back of leg after Humira injection

04-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #1
Steve_in_orlando

Big ugly bruise on back of leg after Humira injection

Hi. I've attached a picture of a bruise that appeared on the back of my leg, on the opposite side of where I injected Humira four days ago (I injected on the top of my thigh and the bruise is about eight inches below my buttock, which is opposite of the injection site). I only noticed the bruise today because I can't see it without a mirror. I think I noticed a lump appear there about five hours or so after injecting but I thought it was a pimple or mosquito bite.

It is sore and has a slightly itchy feel in it. And there is still a bump I can feel there. It is about three inches wide and one and a half inches long. Also the injection itself was painful and there is a small bruise at the injection site.

Also I got a bad case of muscle stiffness in my back and neck about ten hours after injecting and I still have it although it's much improved.

Should I be worried
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20160416_14_01_34_Pro.jpg (37.8 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Steve_in_orlando; 04-17-2016 at 04:05 PM.
04-23-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
Miss Underestimated

I think I would check with my doctor's office. I occasionally get a bruise, where I hit a small vein while injecting, but never had one in a place where I did not inject. The stiffness may or may not be related to the injection, but I'd sure ask about it.

The bump and itchiness sounds like an allergic reaction. There are a couple of drugs I can't take because I get that kind of reaction.
*Jan 2012-present, Humira. No symptoms, but scopes indicated disease.
*6MP for all of 2013.
*2014 &2015 complete mucosal healing.

**Staying on Humira for maintenance**

The statistics I see so far for my situation seem pretty good. There ARE long term statistics for the Anti-TNF drug treatments now. I'm here to make them longER.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Big ugly bruise on back of leg after Humira injection