• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cdiff and crohns combined help

So a couple of months ago the doctors for whatever reason put me on cipro and flagyl for illeitis before diagnosing me with Crohn's disease. After I finished these antibiotics I picked up cdiff and was treated with flagyl for two weeks. Then I went out for spring break and got so sick that I had to go home and be hospitalized. I have now been on vanco and flagyl for 3 weeks and I am really hoping my infection has cleared up because I end antibiotics tomorrow. However, I am also on prednisone and pentasa (which I hate both) for the flare. I just want to know how to tell if the cdiff is gone because I really want to start living a semi normal life 😔 Especially with crohns it is so hard to differentiate cdiff D from crohns D. I have also been bleaching and taking probiotics and hand washing religiously.

I think you're doing exactly what you should be doing, bleaching and religious hand washing.. I had gotten cdiff pretty severely last summer and ended up having a fecal transplant after my third round of vanco. I also work in a hospital tho where I'm exposed to it frequently. Just keep doing what you're doing.. I used VSL#3 for my probiotic and that helped immensely.