Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Need help understanding seton drainage and other questions

04-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
bumprump

My Support Groups:
Need help understanding seton drainage and other questions

I am new to all this fistula, seton dirty bussiness (had operation 9 days ago) What I really want to know is where the drainage is supposed to be comming from? Before the operation it was draining from the abscess but am I wrong to think it is now draining from my anus? I am miserable right now, no sex, no comfort, no poops...aaargh. This is no fun and I'm miserable. I don't have Crohns but my daughter has IBS. I am definately going to get tested. Can IBS start after an emotional trauma?
?
04-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
AFS

I am sorry to hear it. Anal fistula in non-IBD patients is not that common. I suggest that you start to read up on it as much as possible. There is lot of published literature on this. The more informed you are, the better it is.
06-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
Ed B

my abscess was first drained on feb. 22 and i had 4 more procedures until i had a fistula surgery with a seton placed on apr 20th. it is still draining and i have to do sitz baths and change the depends underwear and pad about every 2-3 hours. my ct scan showed a deep long fistula involving the internal and external anal sphincters. my surgeon say i have another 6-8 months to do with this and an 80% success rate. they keep cauterizing the fistua with silver nitrate, (burns like hell) and they tighten up the seton thread also.
i hope this helps. bottom line it is a long painful process.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Need help understanding seton drainage and other questions