• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help me life hack my Crohn's..... coping strategies, please

This forum is full of mental coping strategies and that's great, but I don't need those. Can you suggest little changes you've made to keep yourself fed/sheltered/warm & clean on your zero-energy and pain-filled days/weeks/months? Here are the things I do, but I know there's more:

* automate EVERYTHING. bills, prescription refills, house appliance maintenance.

* take full advantage of the internet age. Amazon Prime sends me toothpaste and paper towels and dog food automatically and monthly. Grocery delivery, when I can afford it, is amazing.

* if I feel good enough to cook, I cook extra and freeze it.

* if I feel shitty but I'm still hungry, I order extra delivery food and eat the same thing for days.

* I make smoothies with all the vegetables and fruit I was too tired to cook up before it goes bad.

*I gave up on housework SO long ago. I have no problem trading money for house cleaning when I really must, though.

tell me more! ready go.

You sound incredibly organised already! Even when I'm feeling bad I can usually get out the house (so long as there are toilets wherever I'm going of course) and I eat out in a cafe that does simple homestyle food like cheese on toast or scrambled egg on toast rather than bother cooking at home.