Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Entyvio/Vedolizumab » Returning to Entyvio after 6 months

04-30-2016, 05:18 PM   #1
Bethrose

Returning to Entyvio after 6 months

I need help and hope you can provide that. My doctor stopped Entyvio after a serious bout of pneumonia. That was in December. I am getting chronic colitis and need to get back on treatment. Entyvio is my only choice right now due to various reasons. My doctor wants me on Singulair for a week prior and prednisone the day before and morning of to prevent an allergic reaction. I am very nervous- I am prone to URI as well. I am due to resume next week. Any feedback positive or negative would be gratefully received.
Thank you
04-30-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ask your doctor about testing for antibodies before going back on Entyvio
04-30-2016, 10:21 PM   #3
aypues

My Support Groups:
Did you have the Prevnar13 vaccine prior to taking Entyvio? If not, did you get it on your 6 month break?
05-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #4
Bethrose

I have not been tested lately for the antibodies so will check on that. Thanks
Prevar? Is that for pneumonia? Yes if so I had that. Then developed pneumonia 3 months later. I have asthma and am prone to upper respiratory infections.

Thanks so much
Beth
05-03-2016, 12:42 AM   #5
aypues

My Support Groups:
There is also a 23 valent pnemonia vaccine you should have received after the prevnar13.
05-03-2016, 09:35 AM   #6
Bethrose

Thank you. I had both vaccines. I start Entyvio tomorrow. I am taking anti-histamine and Prednisone as pre med. Appreciate your assistance.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Entyvio/Vedolizumab » Returning to Entyvio after 6 months