Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Drug I need is not available!?!?

05-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #1
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Drug I need is not available!?!?

I was recently on penicillin, and developed oral thrush. Got a prescription for Nystatin, except the pharmacist told me that they are very low city-wide, and it's on back order until July. She gave me what she could, and is checking with other pharmacies to see if they will give me some more, since I'm immune suppressed. I can't take the pill form because it would interfere with my other meds. They suggested gentian violet, but you can't swallow it for thrush in your throat. This is so unacceptable. It only cost $10.75 for what she gave me. From what I've read, many drug companies are cutting back on cheap drugs with low profit margins, and that leaves patients without needed drugs. They should be sued, if this is the case.
I checked on line pharmacies, and they're out as well.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
05-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am sorry. I hope one of the other pharmacies will have some.
05-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Big hugs
Had similar issues with ear drops of all things for ds
Had to get the "eye drop " version of the same abx.
Might check if there is another version maybe ...

Good luck
05-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #4
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
One last thing when they thought ds had oral thrush
He was immediately admitted and given an upper endoscopy
The Gi thoughts were normal drugs do not help with thrush for immunosupressed patients AND there is no way to know if it has progressed down the throat unless you scope
Once in the esophagus it can spread systemically very quickly
05-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
Kevin_61

My Support Groups:
My Dr's Office called this morning and told me they have a 1 Months supply {Sample Packs} of Pentasa for me, so I soon went and got it!
2- Capsules Twice a day 500 MG each pill {BIG!) So After I returned home I took the first 2! I'll take the other 2 at bedtime. I do feel a tad bit drowsy.

Next week I will have to go into town to the Social Security Office and get Proof of my Yearly income and then go back out with this Info to my Dr. and then They FAX the info along with what paperwork I already filled out to my Insurance and then wait to see if they WILL COVER It! I sure can't afford $800.00 a month!

I wish everyone here a good day and Hope you all are feeling good!
05-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hope you get to feeling well.

05-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #7
Justanothercp

My Support Groups:
Tuff,
Any chance you can order from an online pharmacy?
05-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #8
Tuff

My Support Groups:
One pharmacy came through and I'm going there tomorrow to pick it up. Thank goodness. After using it twice, it already feels better, so I think it's working. Thanks everybody. It's nice to have someplace where people understand what we go through....

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Drug I need is not available!?!?