Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » C-tube leaking all over the place?

06-15-2016, 11:45 PM   #1
gracem

C-tube leaking all over the place?

About 18 months ago I had a chait trapdoor c-tube placed to help with my motility problem. For those of you who don't know what a c-tube is, Everyday I flush it with salt water and it forces everything to move through my colon.

For a while I had neglected my flushes. I got lazy and would only do one every now and then. However, about two weeks ago I got really regular and started doing my flushes everyday. As soon as I did that, my c-tube started leaking from both the skin surrounding the place where the tube is poked into my body and the hole inside the tube. The fluid looked like brown tinted water and smelled like garbage.

I figured it would go away in a few days. I was wrong. For the last ten days it's been doing this. I keep putting dressing my tube to keep the water from getting on my clothes but it's getting bad. Today was the worst get. I realized I was leaking and put on a dressing. Within thirty minutes I'd completely soaked through the dressing. I endsd up having to tape a pad to the area. So, as I write this, I am contentiously readjusting an uncomfortable lad that is making me sweat and already stinks of whatever keeps coming out of me.

Anyone had this happen? Any advice on what to do about it? I've already called my doctor but I can't get in until Monday do I'd really like a some advice about what to do in the meantime.
Diagnosed with osteoporosis (Age: 14)
Diagnosed with prolactinoma (Age: 15)
06-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Mmmm iv not had any experiance of this..as youve called your doc n cant get in till monday id suggest going to ER/A&E. See if they can help you soon . Best wishes 💕
06-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
gracem

Mmmm iv not had any experiance of this..as youve called your doc n cant get in till monday id suggest going to ER/A&E. See if they can help you soon . Best wishes 💕
Thanks. I considered it but, sadly, I live in an area with extremely poor medical care. Everytime I tell a local doctor I have a c-tube I end up having to explain what that is. I don't feel comfortable allowing a doctor to mess with a device that I've had to explain to him.
06-17-2016, 12:47 AM   #4
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ah ok i can understand that.
Hope that it doesnt cause you to much trouble in the meanwhile till monday. Best wishes 💕

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » C-tube leaking all over the place?