Share Facebook

06-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
ande8150

Vision Issues.

Anyone experience vision Issues while on Humira? I have been experiencing dark spots and floaters recently and my eye doctors don't see anything wrong even after a barrage of tests. Optic Neuritis has been associated with Humira but everyone says my optic nerves look fine. My prescription has remained steady.

Anyone else experience this?
06-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am on Humira myself. I have only seen black spots once. I hope you get answers soon.
06-20-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
I had optic neuritis (pre crohns diagnosis and was on no medications). The pain was more crippling than when I had a perforated bowel. Everything was white. I went to eye casualty and they diagnosed it straight away after putting something in my eye that made my pupil larger. Interestingly it was missed when I went to see an optician. Sounds unlikely to be ON if you have had the same tests I had in hospital. But I would be cautious as I have read humira can cause neurological issues. I don't think I am allowed to ever take humira due to my history with this random episode of ON

History:
2nd Generation affected

Symptoms since 08/2006 (age 17)

Emergency open bowel resection after perforation in 12/2011 (age 22) (wrongly diagnosed as burst appendix ). Three years remission following this unmonitored

Diagnosis:
Perforating small bowel Crohn's Disease 01/2016 (terminal ileum, duodenum)
Coeliac disease (age 26)

Meds:
50mg azathioprine (down from 75mg after my WBC dropped)
Gluten-free diet