Share Facebook

06-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
ande8150

Vision Issues.

Anyone experience vision Issues while on Humira? I have been experiencing dark spots and floaters recently and my eye doctors don't see anything wrong even after a barrage of tests. Optic Neuritis has been associated with Humira but everyone says my optic nerves look fine. My prescription has remained steady.

Anyone else experience this?
06-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am on Humira myself. I have only seen black spots once. I hope you get answers soon.
06-20-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
I had optic neuritis (pre crohns diagnosis and was on no medications). The pain was more crippling than when I had a perforated bowel. Everything was white. I went to eye casualty and they diagnosed it straight away after putting something in my eye that made my pupil larger. Interestingly it was missed when I went to see an optician. Sounds unlikely to be ON if you have had the same tests I had in hospital. But I would be cautious as I have read humira can cause neurological issues. I don't think I am allowed to ever take humira due to my history with this random episode of ON

2nd Generation affected

Symptoms since 2006 (age 17)

Emergency open bowel resection after perforation in 2011 (age 22) (wrongly diagnosed as burst appendix ). Three years remission following this unmonitored

DX with perforating small bowel Crohn's Disease 01/2016 (terminal ileum, duodenum) and coeliac disease (age 26)

Meds:
75mg azathioprine
Gluten-free diet