Share Facebook

07-02-2016, 05:26 AM   #1
Badtummy4

Chinese food?

Hi, guys so im scared im undiagnosed so i have no medicne for my pain. I just ate a chinese takeaway i had about 10 pieces of battered fried chicken, a tub of egg fried rice, 3 big slices of prawn toast with seseame seeds, sweet and sour sauce and about 10 massive prawn crackers and i am stuffed and my belly is already gurgling 24/7 and i am so scared of the pain and what will i do. HELP???
07-02-2016, 06:37 AM   #2
Charlotte.

My Support Groups:
Fried foods are hard to digest and upset lots of sensitive tummies. If you have tummy problems, imagine what you would want to eat when you have a stomach bug. You wouldn't want to eat a fried takeaway, would you?
Go for steamed vegetables for example (look into the low FODMAP vegetables, google is your friend), have some lean protein or some fat fish (good omega 3 fats, so here fat fish is all right, e.g. salmon is a fat fish) baked in your oven without other fat than a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil and some boiled or steamed potatoes. Just to give you an example for a pretty simple meal.
I haven't eaten a takeaway in years because I would feel as if I was dying or something, regarding the pain, cramping, nausea and possibly vomiting. Very bad memories to takeaways here though.

So go for smooth, cooked, non-fried foods but don't avoid fat overall, just fried, as I said.

Otherwise there is good literature out there about eating for Crohn's or IBD if you need some input.

Stelara; Uceris; Lansoprazole; Domperidone.

Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Entocort, Uceris, Prednisolone, TPN, EEN, different alternative treatments.
07-02-2016, 09:15 AM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Also, you mentioned seeds and some people with IBD have problems with seeds. Are you having pain. Maybe, you could take Tylenol.
07-02-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
teeny5

My Support Groups:
Chinese food gives me problems. Not sure if it's a particular food or maybe even a seasoning in the dishes.

Previous meds: Sulfasalazine, Asacol, Rowasa, Pentasa, Entocort.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson"
07-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #5
Salad_Shooter

Many people I know who have IBD are either sensitive to or allergic to soy. I am one of them. Fried foods cause me problems, too. And that was a LOT of food at one time.
Lupus
RA
Sjogren's
COPD
Spinal Stenosis cervical (with spinal cord flattening)
Spinal Stenosis lumbar
Severe Pulmonary Hypertension
Right heart failure
07-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
chuckmya

The MSG(monosodiumglutamate) that most Chinese food is cooked with gives me fits as well! I'll have massive migraine, vomitting & severe GI upset! So I avoid it unless I know it is made without MSG....and then I choose my meal wisely, usually white rice and chicken & veggies is what I order! Better to avoid foods that contain soy sauce as it contains MSG as well in most restaurants
07-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #7
The Real MC

My Support Groups:
Chinese food doesn't bother me as long as I steer clear of known foods or condiments that trigger problems.