• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling alone in the medical system--can anyone commiserate or offer hope?

I'm currently undiagnosed, but my life is highly impaired. I'm a mom of three children two and under, so I don't have time to live on the toilet like I have been. I've been suffering from chronic diarrhea--really, what can only be called "constipated" diarrhea--for a few months, sometimes (though luckily not all that often) with blood of different shades. At times I feel food/waste reach a certain part of my stomach and travel all the way down in a matter of minutes (kind of gnawing, light stabbing feeling the whole way down), which results in great urgency that I can barely manage (I've had a couple misses, which is gross and feels humiliating). I've recently seen whole pills emerge from me, as if never touched. I've become desperate and spent a lot of money on GI supplements and shakes (including UltraInflamx), but I haven't seen any real improvement.

I went to a gastroenterologist who was convinced based on my symptoms I had UC, but it turned out I had a clear colonoscopy aside from a polyp. He decided I probably had some kind of IBS and prescribed Bentyl, but that just made me painfully backed up. After I nagged him about my ongoing problems, he has referred me for a scan of my entire GI tract. I'm just wondering if/when they'll figure out what is wrong so I can *begin* to try to educate myself about what's wrong and try to develop a strategy. Right now I feel like I'm aiming blindfolded and trying all sorts of things to no avail.
I've become kind of obsessed with my digestion, and no one in my life can really understand.

Has anyone been down a similar road? Obviously, no one here can give me a medical diagnosis, but do any of my symptoms point in a familiar direction? Can anyone here relate to a dark time of not knowing what you can do for yourself?

Thanks for any commiseration or encouragement!

Hi. I am sorry you are going through this. Have you tried keeping a diary of foods that aggravate your system? I hope you can come up with some concrete answers after this upcoming test. Sending support and best wishes.

My daughter had whole pills coming out of her, right before she was diagnosed with Crohn's. She was also throwing up A LOT.