• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

C-Diff again

So just want some advice on pain treatment for C-diff. This is the 4th time i have gotten C-diff. The first 2 times Flagyl (Metronidazole) Helped clear it up. The 3rd time we moved to Vancomycin but oddly the more powerful Vanco had no response to the infection and Flagyl seemed to work better. So this is number 4 and back on flagyl. The past 2 times have been very painful for me. Any suggestions on pain control? Im not big on opiates and neither is my doctor, but tylenol is not helping! Let me know any tricks anyone may have.

Thanks in advance!

So just want some advice on pain treatment for C-diff. This is the 4th time i have gotten C-diff. The first 2 times Flagyl (Metronidazole) Helped clear it up. The 3rd time we moved to Vancomycin but oddly the more powerful Vanco had no response to the infection and Flagyl seemed to work better. So this is number 4 and back on flagyl. The past 2 times have been very painful for me. Any suggestions on pain control? Im not big on opiates and neither is my doctor, but tylenol is not helping! Let me know any tricks anyone may have.

Thanks in advance!
I don't know about pain relief, but Florastor is usually recommended in lessening C.dif. symptoms. Since antibiotics kill all the bacteria in your gut (good and bad), it's a good idea to help the good bacteria build back up in your system. My grandfather has had C.dif. several times and the Florastor always helps.

I am so sorry!! I struggled with Cdiff for a year before my dr did a fecal transplant (KNOCK ON WOOD) I haven't had it since.! I also took VSL #3 for a long time to help rebuild my good bacteria after the transplant. I drank a lot of green tea. That always calms my stomach for some reason, also I use DigestZens an essential oil blend. That helps sometimes too. However, when I was really sick with CDiff I had to use hydrocodone to get me through. I also ended up with a perforation of my bowel though.

I had C-Diff a few years ago & wow, it *is* painful. I had a lot of other medical problems going on at the same time & I was admitted to the hospital, so I don't know exactly what they gave me. Maybe tank up on acidophilus & pro-biotics. Sorry I'm not more help, I know your pain, feel better soon!