Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Lowered sex drive and can't seem to.....finish. crohns/humira

07-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
Justin1988

Lowered sex drive and can't seem to.....finish. crohns/humira

I'm a 27yr old male and was diagnosed with crohns about 2 years ago. Just recently started the humira shot as of about 3 months ago and my desire for intimacy isn't really there like it used to be. I use to be good for at least 6 days a week now when my fiancé and I try it's quite the mission to even get me started then I won't finish. It's super frustrating for the both of us in many ways especially since we are trying for a baby. I'm not sure if it's the disease, the humira, or both...if anybody can relate or shed some light or anything please do so. We need help! Thanks in advance!
07-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have been on Humira for four months and had this problem. Maybe you should consult your GP.
07-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #3
Justin1988

You have or haven't had this?
07-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am sorry. I meant that I haven't had the problem even though I am on Humira.

07-26-2016, 08:14 AM   #5
Tony H

Hi Justin , I am also on humira and have not suffered this problem on humira , I did suffer it when I was on antidepressants , how is your general health , I found when my crohns was very active I had no sex drive ,
This subject was discussed on the forum , it might help
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=47675 .

emazole 40mg daily
07-30-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
Lowrider

Doubt it is Humira. Fatigue is part of the disease. Your body is in a constant fight. Only time I have a problem is when I haven't taken a nap and I am fatigued bad, may try taking B-12 in the morning also for a boost, it's helped me. Try napping for 2 or so hours and get refueled and see what happens. Everyone is different.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Lowered sex drive and can't seem to.....finish. crohns/humira