• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello all

Hi everyone, I'm VERY new here and probably should have taken the virtual tour but didn't lol.. Anyway, I'm Jim, diagnosed with Crohns disease in April of 86. It's been a very long hard road.. I've had 12 operations to remove diseased portion, wore the bag roughly 6-12 months and then respected.. The biggest operation was called a Turnbal rectal pull through.. Basically they pulled approx. 12 inches of intestine through rectum.. After a month of laying in bed at Cleveland Clinic they removed the excess portion of intestine that basically died and stitched a new rectum.. ( It was sort of like an umbilical chord hanging out of my anus). The original reason I got it was due to fistula and abscesses that every other surgical procedure failed.. Unfortunately this also failed and left me with very little sphincter control which causes alot of incontinence problems I'm still dealing with even being on Lomotil, Immodium, tincture of opium and opiate pain meds that treat pain pain and also have constipating effects ( I obviously don't get constipated but it buys time ( sometime).. Anyway, now I'm dealing with major Scar tissue and adhesions in abdomen which is very painful and still have crohns flares ( lately minor not requiring surgery). I think I've tried every medicine out there.. 6-mp, remicade,Humira, prednisone (on and off). Well I've babbled way too long just to say hello and a brief history ( sorry it wasn't that brief. I apologize for not spell checking but I'm tired. God bless and hope I can help anyone or even learn something.. Goodnight. Jim

Welcome, Jim. I am sorry for what you have been through. Have you asked your doctor about Cimzia, Stelara, Entyvio or Simponi?

Hello and thank you for your welcome.. To be honest, I'm a little surprised because the only 1 of those I've heard of is Stewart. I am going to Google the other 3 in the morning.. Thank you because I'm definitely going to see if I think any of those might help.. For today, I'm done lol. It was one of those 2 Dr appt
Days, they are 6 hours of waiting and talking then pharmacy days.. Pretty much ruins the whole day.. Tomorrow I am going to figure out how to navigate this site and hopefully be able to help some and learn. You my friend are the first, again thank you

scottsma

Welcome to the forum Jim.You've been through so much for so long,so respect to you.
You sound reasonably cheerful despite all of that.I'm sure you will be a great help to those who're going through the same sort of problems.We all help each other when we can,and we're all interested in new posters journeys.Hope today's a good day for you.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Jim welcome to the mad house :rof:.
Sorry you have gone through so much. Hope you can find the treatment that works for you soon.
Wishing you well and thanks for introducing yourself to us all.
Take care and keep us updated. 💕