Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Feel very healthy but Crohn's suspected

08-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Jacket95

Feel very healthy but Crohn's suspected

Hi all

I'm a 21 year old male. I'll keep this short:

- In 2012 I was diagnosed with Coeliac disease. I'm an asymptotic coeliac. I can eat a chocolate cake and be totally good. I was diagnosed because at the time my iron levels wouldn't go up with supplements. Endoscopy confirmed Coeliac. I have been gluten free since then and recent tests showed antibodies to be excellent even though during my recent travels around the world I consumed some gluten incidentally.

Anyway, for the past month I've started to develop stomach aches. Actually I would get the occasional stomach ache about 3 months ago but I ignored them thinking it's just indigestion and they went away by itself. But now, they are getting progressively worse. Ten days ago it was just a dull ache that was there 24/7 but now the pain is worse and occasionally flares up and gets really bad. At first doctors suspected appendicitis but it was ruled out as my blood test results were too healthy. Also the pain duration isn't typical of appendicitis (as it's been a month and appendicitis is usually shorter duration).

MRI showed inflammation in the ileum. Very symptomic of Crohn's but the type of inflammation that's there isn't the typical inflammation by Crohn's. Not sure what this means but I'll ask my doctor to elaborate. The problem is that stomach aches are the only symptom I have. I don't have diarrhea or anything else. I do get slight fever like symptoms for the last couple days but that's very recent and probably due to the body fighting the inflammation. Doctors will do a colonoscopy in two days to confirm but they say it's 50/50, could be just an infection or could be Crohn's. They said my inflammation (based off the MRI) is not the typical inflammation they see in Crohn's. I don't know what this means but we'll know soon.

I really hope I don't have Crohn's. I've never in my life had stomach aches. This is the only symptom I have of Crohn's. I've been feeling depressed a lot lately due to this. Some of the complications of Crohn's sound so scary! I am an otherwise healthy person but these stomach aches are just getting worse day by day.
08-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome. Everyone is different with symptoms. I hope you get answers soon. Keep us informed.
08-31-2016, 09:44 AM   #3
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Please don't be scared.Crohns can be a nasty disease for many people,but it can equally be very mild.There are lots of people on the forum who lead a healthy life with very few problems.It's always stressful at first,as with many illnesses,but don't think too far ahead as to how a diagnosis MIGHT ruin your life.You will get lots of support from the good folks on this forum.We have an Undiagnosed thread and also a Young Adults thread which you might like to have a look at.Good luck to you and please keep us posted,your story will help others having the same problems.
08-31-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Agree

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Feel very healthy but Crohn's suspected